mtb video mood music

thompo

Likes Dirt
hey guys i want to make a decent mountain bike video with some mates. We've got the camera, the program to edit it on but the only problem is we need a good song to go with it, it can be anything you think would sound good.

any ideas?

cheers ;)

thompo

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Roll Right-Rage Against the Machines...'Conlondaniel' and I have always wanted to use this at some stage.

Probably wont appeal to all though...

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Consequence- The Notwist for something melodic (it works extremely well with bike vids)
Laid To Rest- Lamb of God for something insane (heavy riff, screamo, would be good for some serious air and major hucks, a must for freeride)
Seek and Destroy- Metallica for something inbetween (heavy riff)
The Calling- Hilltop Hoods for some smoothe lines and sweet techy tricks
My Curse- Killswitch Engage again, heavy riff, fast paced, something to pump you up

my 2 cents:confused:

mtb011

Banned
Burn - throwdown
or
Ananasis(sp?) - Parkway Drive
It's a mtb vid man.. dont think many mtbers would apreciate watching it with that as a soundtrack. (even tho they are an awesome band)

I'd go the grits, oooh aaahh.. might have already been done, cant think where i got that from!

ps. ive seen break even! haha

Viv92

Eats Squid
Try something different to the usual metal or hard rock. It worked really well in the DJ section of Roam and the first section of Roam with Bearclaw. As for suggestions I reckon you should copy NWD and use the song in the CG segment in NWD 7, that worked really well. Also make sure you time you video with music (e.g. camera angle changes as the song changes) that makes it look pro. Also the sound of hub's and sticks breaking is annoying so maybe turn off the sound from the movie or turn it down a lot.

Good luck with the movie.

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, any Rage I reckn.. gotta be some pretty decent hard riding to warrant it though :D;)
Yeah, I'd like to see someone give Rage a go. I think if you could pull it off it would be awesome. I would suggest songs like Bombtrack, Know Your Enemy, Calm Like a Bomb or even a cover from the renegades album. Check this out.

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
Hed P.E. - Suck it up
Nine Inch Nails - You know What You Are?
Slipknot - Before I Forget
Sevendust - Dead Set
Korn - Coming Undone
Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Good DJ/DH/FR tracks. :)

Last edited: