MTBA committee elections

Knut

Troll hunter
It's up to you to vote. Now is the chance for you to make a difference on who represents you and your membership fees at National level. For the future of our sport, not just the next twelve months, look at the people who can bring an organisation into a state of accountability and productivity. Let them know, by voting for them that you can trust that they will do their utmost to bring back our governing body.

None of us like voting or politics. But this is your chance to make the difference we have waited so long to see.

faz

Likes Dirt
I had a look at the site and that page but apart from registering to vote (which I'm not a member) there appears to be no list. Was curious to see who was up for what given the lively debate on here recently.

chica

Likes Dirt
my understanding is that you have to be a member to see who you are voting for. The only positions up for a vote this time round are Secretary, Treasurer and Cycling Aust Rep as these were the only positions where more than 1 person was nominated. Some roles have no nominations so if you get along to the AGM in Mascot this Saturday you could still nominate (see mtba website for how this works)

Knut

Troll hunter
And the nominees are...

Treasurer: Jodie Clausen and Ross Kroger
Secretary: David Rusden and Ross Kroger
CA Rep: Craig Peacock and Ross Kroger

Last edited:

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
as someone from outside the loop.. who are these people.. not everyong had the little incert about them..

LeeD

Likes Dirt
WTF one person nominating for all positions??????
What would happen if they won all of them?
Seems a bit ridiculous to me or am I missing something here?

akashra

Eats Squid
WTF one person nominating for all positions??????
What would happen if they won all of them?
Seems a bit ridiculous to me or am I missing something here?
They can't.

It works from the 'highest' position down, so once they were to win one in that order, it becomes a tricky question, because the constitution doesn't by default void or nullify that nomination.

While I know who has nominated for many of the other positions, it's not my place to say until they choose to say so or it is announced by MTBA. However I will state that I have nominated for the position of XC Rep after discussions with a quite significant number of riders both locally and interstate andAndy Blair and, the previous XC rep, who chose not to continue after four(?) years serving in the role.

I can certainly say that I want to see what we can do to try to focus a lot more attention on on the recreational and participation side of XC riding and getting people on bikes in that way - that's not at all to say any attention will necessarily be taken from racing, but I strongly see that a stronger rec. base will benefit the latter.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
my understanding is that you have to be a member to see who you are voting for. The only positions up for a vote this time round are Secretary, Treasurer and Cycling Aust Rep as these were the only positions where more than 1 person was nominated. Some roles have no nominations so if you get along to the AGM in Mascot this Saturday you could still nominate (see mtba website for how this works)
God forbid that someone contemplated joining in order to vote and wanted to see who was nominating... Important to keep all this info members only... WTF?
"MTBA, giving you less unless you pay."

LeeD

Likes Dirt
????

God forbid that someone contemplated joining in order to vote and wanted to see who was nominating... Important to keep all this info members only... WTF?
"MTBA, giving you less unless you pay."
Well unless you are a member of MTBA you have no say in who, what or how MTBA does its business let alone being able to vote for who does what......
Just like any other incorporated organisation.

skwiz05

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well unless you are a member of MTBA you have no say in who, what or how MTBA does its business let alone being able to vote for who does what......
Shouldnt that read: Because you are a member.......

That attitude really is one that does MTBA no good, esp when organisations are trying to purport to represent the views of all cyclists etc....and bring about change for All for the good.....Fair nuff, not a member, no vote, but openness wouldnt hurt them once in a while.....

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
I must admit I can't understand why we wouldn't want the complete list of who has nominated for all positions right smack bang on the front page right now.

Knut

Troll hunter
The very least

A club is about it's members. The very least a club can do is hold a meeting once a year. This AGM had been one cock up after another. It's just not good enough.

I am not saying it's the fault of one or two people. But when an organisation expects so much from the elected people, where is the equality? It drives me insane that more attention is paid to this site than its hard working club presidents and committees. Now you can have a look at what people actually do believe.

I am interested in what it would take to get someone to join the organisation. I want to know how we can make it better for clubs, riders, officials, supporters and spectators. Even those who would never thought of watching a mountain bike race. Or those who just want the cover, so they can ride with mates, with peace of mind. I want to know what it would take to get my overweight workmates on a bike. All of those people are welcome.

I want you to vote if you are a member. Make a difference. Don't sit on the sideline and throw rocks, that gets us nowhere. If you are not a member, what can we do to make you one of us? We as a sporting community can fix MTBA and make it a fun and effective organization. One that we can all be proud to say we belong to it and it belongs to us. We together, have the power to make that happen.

Last edited:

faz

Likes Dirt
Most other incorporated organisations allow any one to see the nominations for positions that people are voting for. Even the MTBA website says it will be there and provides a link albeit back to the homepage just leading you round in circles with no answer to what you are looking for.

Knut

Troll hunter
Where are the list of nominees

Well Tony,

You set a deadline for nominations. Put the names up on the front page and stop stuffing everyone around. The voting process is that complicated and backward. For a change, make it easy for your members to have their say.

Last edited:

sossy

Saucier
Well Tony,

You set a deadline for nominations. Put the names up on the front page and stop stuffing everyone around. The voting process is that complicated and backward. For a change, make it easy for your members to have their say.
HA HA HA... Oh you make me laugh. If they make it easy, people might actually vote and things may have to change! Can't be having that, then people might be accountable to the members!

I voted, it wasn't as easy as it could be, you would think a link on the front page saying "GO HERE TO VOTE" would be a smart idea... but alas.

I cant seem to get a link to the log in page to paste to make it easier, but you need to go to the top right corner to the "member login" section, log in, then the voting option will display.

LeeD

Likes Dirt
Well Tony,

I hear you, this whole secrecy and lack of transparency is ridiculous how on earth does the "executive" hope to attract more members and make MTBA what it should be. Lets hope this new committee does something about making the whole MTBA experience more user friendly and transparent.

akashra

Eats Squid
I think you'll find that the many on the committee are insisting the info be published, but it's not being done.
I know of at least one person on the committee who's fighting the requests for transparency, however.