MTB'ing in Wilson's Prom

deafwish

Likes Bikes
Going camping to Tidal River in a few weeks & want to know whether it's worthwhile taking the bikes?
Any reasonable XC trails down there?

Thanks in advance!

Daz.

haydn

Likes Dirt
There are 100's of awesome walking tracks. But thats the problem they are for walking only. I spend 2 weeks there every year at christmas and at least 2 weeks a year hiking with school there. Awesome place plenty of trails. Most trails out there are walking only and very tight single track. There are however some managment vehicle tracks that go from telegraph sandle (right near tidle river) to sealers cove but from sealers cove to oberon and back to tidal is all sand track which i imagine would be bad for your bike. Actualy the ride from telegraph sadle to the top of mount oberon is also a vehicle track so you could probably do that. The track out to lilypilly rainforrest boardwalk is also a large track and people would probably not have a problem with you riding it. the tidal river camp site is quite large so even if you dont ride and tracks it could be worth bringing a bike anyway, as it takes ages to get anywhere. If you are staying near 5th or 4th ramp bring a bike, but if you are on 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th avenue and are not going to ride trails dont bother. I hope this makes sense its very jumbled.
Haydn

Bayrider

Likes Bikes
I took my bike there a few years ago when we were camping. We rode a couple of the walking tracks but if the rangers found you they wouldnt be happy. Dont see what dif it makes if your being safe. Anyway it's probably not really worth it unless you just want to ride around the camping area and some 4WD roads.

deafwish

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the replies, guys!
I'm thinking I might just leave it at home & use the space in the car for extra beer... :D

mlsred

Likes Dirt
i like the way deafwish thinks:p yeah i was up there a couple of weeks ago and you would be held up by walkers every half hour or so good choice in leaving the bikes at home