Mulgoa Nature Reserve

Wraslin Pete

Likes Bikes
Took a spin through Mulgoa Nature Reserve after work yesterday hoping there might be a trail or two in there... Turns out there's quite a bit of fast flowing single track, but the best I could do to find my way around was to guess by Google Maps. Does anyone out there have a ride map?

dcrofty

Eats Squid
None of those tracks would be legal in a nature reserve so you might not have much luck with people being willing to share that info.

Wraslin Pete

Likes Bikes
None of those tracks would be legal in a nature reserve so you might not have much luck with people being willing to share that info.
So... Turns out the current management plan (2008) actually recommends prohibiting all but pedestrian traffic and actually recommends avoiding encouraging that much public access. Having said that, while I was in there yesterday I was passed by a couple of Police on trail bikes patrolling the reserve, who didn't seem bothered by me being there.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Probably not, not their gig to enforce that Act unless they were on a joint enforcement exercise. Probably looking for people riding trail bikes in there, happens a bit.