Mullum Mullum Trail

eric2151

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has been or knows of people building tracks/jumps in the mullum mullum creek area. Im talking about the section between Whitefriars College and Warren Derran or Schwercotte cottage to beckett road... If you have been can i ask you to refrain from doing so, the jumps that people have been building have been knocked down by either walkers or the council, and the council is cracking down on this. If these people want a place to build there jumps/tracks in a place which wont be in danger of being knocked down please pm me as i have property backing onto the track.

Also, although this is getting pretty specific, but, i was wondering if anyone on here has recently built a track around the area near heads road, which has joined up with another dh track?

If anyone around the area who wants some fun dh tracks to ride or work on pm me, i know the closest known dh tracks are in warrendyt so some locals might appreciate being able to ride somewhere closer.

cheers guys,

eric.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have done a bit of XC riding around that area and it is a stella spot...

I started building a road gap there but never finished it... Its bllody big though :eek:

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has been or knows of people building tracks/jumps in the mullum mullum creek area. Im talking about the section between Whitefriars College and Warren Derran or Schwercotte cottage to beckett road... If you have been can i ask you to refrain from doing so, the jumps that people have been building have been knocked down by either walkers or the council, and the council is cracking down on this. If these people want a place to build there jumps/tracks in a place which wont be in danger of being knocked down please pm me as i have property backing onto the track.

Also, although this is getting pretty specific, but, i was wondering if anyone on here has recently built a track around the area near heads road, which has joined up with another dh track?

If anyone around the area who wants some fun dh tracks to ride or work on pm me, i know the closest known dh tracks are in warrendyt so some locals might appreciate being able to ride somewhere closer.

cheers guys,

eric.
i definatly want in buddy to dh tracks, i know the area quite well. where are the tracks, let us know

eric2151

Likes Dirt

I started building a road gap there but never finished it... Its bllody big though :eek:
Yeah its good fun for XC, the track your talking about is the which runs along the river i think..i must pop down to h.e...hw is the rebuilding going?

eric2151

Likes Dirt
i definatly want in buddy to dh tracks, i know the area quite well. where are the tracks, let us know
Sweet, will pm you the whereabouts of the track/tracks, but a reminder; they are a work in progress!! but thats part of the fun...do you know any other riders in the area?? i know the trails are more known for their XC riding but yeah, although, since they have paved much of the track :mad: it makes way for the road riders..but on the other side of the creek their are still parts for proper riding..(not on bitchamen!!)

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt

The gap over the path after you come out of the bushes, before you dip into the second half of the track? That road gap would be cool, but rather dangerous for the walkers.

I live right near there, and hit the track up every now and then when I need to clear my head. Boring track, and I've been told off for even riding it before without digging, so I don't tend to go there that often.

How far away from that area is your place mate? I may have to take up that offer of building some kinda track setup thing in your yard, sounds like fun! PM me back if you don't want EVERYONE knowing haha.

Cheers

eric2151

Likes Dirt
The gap over the path after you come out of the bushes, before you dip into the second half of the track? That road gap would be cool, but rather dangerous for the walkers.

I live right near there, and hit the track up every now and then when I need to clear my head. Boring track, and I've been told off for even riding it before without digging, so I don't tend to go there that often.

How far away from that area is your place mate? I may have to take up that offer of building some kinda track setup thing in your yard, sounds like fun! PM me back if you don't want EVERYONE knowing haha.

Cheers
Yeah their is a gap off that path but it isn't the one VW Nut is talking about, my place is that area! haha nar really it pretty much backs onto the track that runs from Warren Derren to Whitefriars college..that gap is shit as, i think it is over a snake hole or wombat hole!!:eek:

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah their is a gap off that path but it isn't the one VW Nut is talking about, my place is that area! haha nar really it pretty much backs onto the track that runs from Warren Derren to Whitefriars college..that gap is shit as, i think it is over a snake hole or wombat hole!!:eek:
You mean Yarran Darren yeh? I ride most of the single track weekly between there and Whitefriers, basically the one loop that is a bit of fun, have found a few other little bits and pieces. Not to many dh sections between the school, Heads Rd and the Quarry Rd/Craig Rd intersection. For what it's worth I live on Laughnans Hill.

Are you talking about the attempted jump building along the creek track between Heads and Quarry Rd?

eric2151

Likes Dirt
You mean Yarran Darren yeh? I ride most of the single track weekly between there and Whitefriers, basically the one loop that is a bit of fun, have found a few other little bits and pieces. Not to many dh sections between the school, Heads Rd and the Quarry Rd/Craig Rd intersection. For what it's worth I live on Laughnans Hill.

Are you talking about the attempted jump building along the creek track between Heads and Quarry Rd?
yup thats the attempt, you know who tried it????yeah the single tracks alrigh'..haha but you havent look closely have you..they are well hidden...their are however mini little tracks off the now paved sections between Quarry/Craig road and Schwercotte cottage...what do think think of it being paved>??good?bad? personally i think the white pavement looks way out of place in one of the last quality bushland areas that close to the city!!

if your riding along that single track, then, just before heads road, take the track above the single track...and then you should b at the bottom of a MASSIVE HILL! on a 4wd track..have a look closely to your right and you might stumble across some dh.:p

monc

Likes Dirt
proposed Mullum Mullum shared path

Have any of you come across the proposal to create another sealed shared path from Park Rd/Whitefriars along the creek to meet up with the new Eastlink shared path? There's a management plan at http://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/CA...ek+Linear+Park+Stage+3+Draft+Management+Plan~

Looks like another 2.5m concrete/asphalt jobbie, with the aim to keep cyclists on that and out of the bush!

I think the council are after submissions about this proposal until the 16th of July.

eric2151

Likes Dirt
If we (local residents) get 'options' of outcomes as we did with eastlink..:mad:..i assure you ill b sending them my regards in the form of an abusive complaint letter!

and if it goes through i will be tree hugging to stop them doing it!:eek:

Swatto7

Likes Dirt
dry tracks

hey it MTB_champs friend the one who help build the jump and burm
hav those jumps and stuff we built dry yet and not as soft as on thursday.
cya

eric2151

Likes Dirt
hey it MTB_champs friend the one who help build the jump and burm
hav those jumps and stuff we built dry yet and not as soft as on thursday.
cya
hey, havent had a chance to look at it yet, been at a mates..but i think it might have a bit, since it rained a lil last night..but ill have a look tomoro and probably put some water on it compact it etc.

eric2151

Likes Dirt
if you know the area, it is near the heads road section of mullum mullum..im obviously not going to post instructions to all of farkin on the exact location! otherwise pm me

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you know the area, it is near the heads road section of mullum mullum..im obviously not going to post instructions to all of farkin on the exact location! otherwise pm me
try to keep it a secret (up to you) so that it doesn't get destroyed :( i really like it.. hope to build more before the end of the holis... will let you know.

eric2151

Likes Dirt
try to keep it a secret (up to you) so that it doesn't get destroyed :( i really like it.. hope to build more before the end of the holis... will let you know.
yeah mate acourse :) gotta let tha locals try it..im off to anglesea for a few days-try out the track there..but get back soon we should have another build yer before holz end, although i got 2 weeks left still:D

eric2151

Likes Dirt
Yeah mate acourse :) gotta let tha locals try it..Im off to anglesea for a few days-try out the track there..But iom back on thursday or friday..we should have another build yer before holz end, although i got 2 weeks left still:D

Gerra456gt

Likes Dirt
had a look today at the spot and it is quite good i must say, i think it has a lot of pontential, dont think its great in the wet as my brand new tyres turned into slicks. i liked the small drop off not to bad , would like to go there when it is dry though.