My '08 Sasquatch.

lammi

Likes Bikes
Just got it on Friday, chain snapped Friday night haha. Its cool though, the bike store replaced it first thing saturday morning.

So far, I'm loving it, but really its my first bike of this kind, so i could be riding a katmandu and be loving it, but the brakes are awesome, the shocks are awesome, and overall the bike is awesome.

Heres a couple of pics, Ive obviously done a little bit of riding, didn't realize how unfit i was :(

lammi

Likes Bikes
Would look better without the reflectors and fork decals.
I will be my main mode of transport in a few months, and i'd rather have dicky reflectors than get cleaned up by a car that couldnt see me. And i reckon the decals are hot!

The shocks have 160mm of travel and adjustable rebound.

I'm not awesomely keen on the silver, maybe a gunmetal grey would have been better, but I'm not about to respray it, the factory decals are actually painted on (on the frame).

And I'll just add, i LOVE the colour scheme of the new Manik. MMMMM Beige!!!!
(you would understand if you were a KE70 lover, which i'm sure 99% of you arent).

I'm planning on getting some bar end caps pretty soon, was going to get an e13 bash guard but the stock one looks pretty tough. Might get a sticker or two, just to add a little bit more red to it.

Edit*- Just checked the Norco website, apparently the brakes are shimano 485 items.

Take a close look:

Do You reckon Juicy Three's are better than the shimano 485's?

Last edited:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great bike, I thought about getting a Rampage next year, but probably too storng & heavy for my needs (so going for an STP instead:p). Norco does some great spec - love the Syncros gear!

Nice one on the brakes too, I would agree that the J3's sound better than the 485's.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats sweet as!

im gonna get a 08 manik soon.

plus im pretty sure the aussie verson of the 08 sassy comes stock with juicy 3's, not the shimano ones on the norco website.

J-ack

Banned
Very nice. Norco are really stepping up this year.

Looks to me like your bars are rolled back a bit too far, undo the allen bolts on the front of your stem a bit and roll them forward.

lammi

Likes Bikes
Already done :p

the day i took that photo i bought a bike tool kit just in case, i adjusted the seat a little and the bars as well.

Sam.

Eats Squid
Looks real nice, the spec is getting better each year, I would take this over an STP 1 now it looks great! As for the Avid VS Shimano thing, Im not really sure. It all comes down to personal prefference. I run Juicy 5's on my jump bike (they are on my Brodie atm) but have just purchased Shimano Saints. I guess I will be able to decide for me then but you don't really know until you compare for yourself:)

IZAKM

Likes Dirt
gooooooo

haha this is micheal lammi from st joeys 06 right. yeah its isaac. u should have asked my advise before buying that thing.

Last edited:

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Might wanna make your front QR face the other direction!
You wouldn't want your lever to snag, your axle to fall out without your notice, and your wheel to fall off...
Now would you? ;)

lammi

Likes Bikes
haha this is micheal lammi from st joeys 06 right. yeah its isaac. u should have asked my advise before buying that thing.
I knew you'd be on here somewhere, What's wrong with it eh?

Yeah Zyphryss, i put it on and tightened it and thought, thats stupid, only just realised i could start the thread at a different angle. thanks for letting me know.

Isaac, hows u and jo going, you'll have to show me a trail or two before i move to bundy in january.

IZAKM

Likes Dirt
yeah he is good. yeah pm me ur mobile number. il send u a txt next time we go riding. ur bike is fine, its just funny coz i like to pay out people with norco's/dorco's. haha