DH My 2013 demo. New parts added.

morticus

Likes Dirt
Fuck that looks sick! I should get my 40 stanchions done in black... Might put my rig up this afternoon finally. Congrats dude, after seeing this i think a few people are going to be keen to get it done.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
more and more little upgrades coming along. as of yesterday, the wheelset is now a set of silver Deemax wheels.
So now, the diffrences from stock are the brakes (avid X0 Trails), The bars (raceface atlas), Pedals (shimano dx), the black stanchions and soon to be tubeless tires and more.
Coming along nicely. and hoping with the deemaxes and tubeless it can drop below the 17 kg mark!
I know the bikes filthy, but i was just so excited to put it up to show everyone
What do you guys think?
9708942764_1cfd8ef9a8_z.jpg
9705699313_3d64527d94.jpg

Last edited:

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a heads up before you drop the cash on new tyres, the Butcher DHs work great tubeless!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a heads up before you drop the cash on new tyres, the Butcher DHs work great tubeless!
Butchers need replacing now anyway. going to hit up the schwalbe bandwagon and jump on some marys. see how they go!

Looks mean mate, nice setup. Tubeless is the way should complete an awesome package!
tubeless is on the way! not long now!

where did you get the forks coated?
jay staggol from blonde bikes did them. PM me for some more info mate!

DillonRib

Likes Dirt
Black coated stanchions

Wow, those black coated stanchions look awesome. I checked with blonde bikes on getting this done and was told I could get the blackgold (shadow) coat like yours but the golden 'blonde bikes' writing had to be present on the front of the stanchions? I don't see this logo on your stanchions?

This is what I was told it had to be like and that the golden "blonde bikes" had to be there so as to avoid any confusion between the rockshox forks and blonde bikes, ofcourse i'd rather have no golden writing...?
998873_388162937950513_1884451513_n.jpg

Last edited:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow, those black coated stanchions look awesome. I checked with blonde bikes on getting this done and was told I could get the blackgold (shadow) coat like yours but the golden 'blonde bikes' writing had to be present on the front of the stanchions? I don't see this logo on your stanchions?

This is what I was told it had to be like and that the golden "blonde bikes" had to be there so as to avoid any confusion between the rockshox forks and blonde bikes, ofcourse i'd rather have no golden writing...?
View attachment 273503
I thought the gold logos ruined it. and it didnt look as good.
so i rotated them 180 degrees. so the blonde bikes logo is facing backwards, and when i can be bothered a bit of permanent marker lasts for a month or two!
so really, unless you look closely, they are impossible to see!

DillonRib

Likes Dirt
I thought the gold logos ruined it. and it didnt look as good.
so i rotated them 180 degrees. so the blonde bikes logo is facing backwards, and when i can be bothered a bit of permanent marker lasts for a month or two!
so really, unless you look closely, they are impossible to see!
Oh ok, I agree, the golden "blonde bikes" makes it look silly, I think people getting these forks are more or less looking to mimic the look of the rockshox black box program forks so to have no gold writing looks much better. Would be even better if they could put "Boxxer" down the side like the pro's have though!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh ok, I agree, the golden "blonde bikes" makes it look silly, I think people getting these forks are more or less looking to mimic the look of the rockshox black box program forks so to have no gold writing looks much better. Would be even better if they could put "Boxxer" down the side like the pro's have though!
yeah, would be good. maybe soon :)
THAT IS THE BEST LOOKING BIKE EVER!!! Forks look awesome!!
thanks mate! lots of effort put into this one! :)

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all
put some new muddy mary tires on!
turns out they are single ply - witch dropped the weight down to 16.73 KGs. went riding and flatted twice. so they are getting changed out straight away!
grip was awesome though!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slight update time
so after the stanchions were scratched, i kept riding for a run and a half, little did i know that it would do so much damage inside.
so after that all happened i was informed that new bushings in the lowers were in need. i thought, 'yeah easy, wont be too cheap, just send through monza' turns out that from 2010 upwards on the boxxer forks, the bushes in the forks are actually irreplaceable. so bang, new lowers. Kinda ruins the color match with the frame a little, but they look pretty good when not on the bike (green was an aftermarket color for certain bikes, so i couldn't get my hands on another set)

Also treated her to some new pedals as the old ones had taken a huge beating and the cages were literally hanging off, but also tubeless.
Current weight is about 16.39kg, about a year ago i was riding a bike that was 4kg heavier, so man it feels good!

Also like to say a huge thanks to Jared, and all the other boys from Cycling Express Bayswater for the support that they have been giving me, and will be continuing to give me for the oncoming season!
10400891314_a8e9cbc063_c.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg
10401043153_e5a28b0782_c.jpg
10401217383_5af9fccc50_c.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
Looks great, good that it breaks the green in my eyes, could you not get the decals off your older legs ? worth a try with a hairdryer and TLC even if you got them off to get replicated once you got them on some paper to be scanned.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Also like to say a huge thanks to Jared, and all the other boys from Cycling Express Bayswater for the support that they have been giving me, and will be continuing to give me for the oncoming season!
And here I was thinking that they were only about Road Bikes......

morticus

Likes Dirt
Slik graphics do different colour sticker options for this design. The original one is not a sticker and it painted on.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks great, good that it breaks the green in my eyes, could you not get the decals off your older legs ? worth a try with a hairdryer and TLC even if you got them off to get replicated once you got them on some paper to be scanned.
Slik graphics do different colour sticker options for this design. The original one is not a sticker and it painted on.
I think that answers it Heavyp. But by chance morticus, would you just happen to have your old lowers laying around somewhere :bounce:

And here I was thinking that they were only about Road Bikes......
hahaha nope! take a look around at the vic series and you will see a handfull of us, racing in all different categories.
they also have a support tent at the races, so feel free to drop by and catch me in it if im not up on the hill!
two of the mechanics/employees there actually ride and race downhill. so they are very knowledgeable about it all!

Last edited:

morticus

Likes Dirt
Nah dude, I flogged those forks off pretty cheap. Think I sold them for $450 with the stem? 40's only cost me $500 so i was laughing