My .243 with fresh fruit (mtx camo rims)

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
Here are some pics of the fresh gear i just put on my .243.

It is a large with MTB BB. Just added e-13 srs and the Sun Camo MTX rims using Hope XC sealed bearing hubs. NEw 2.1 Maxxis highrollers (i've mainly been riding trails lately and want to climb a little easier) Damn maxxis size their tyres small. Rest of the stuff is hussefelt DH cranks, Hope m4's, titec seat post, deore rear der, old Kona bar and stem combo (years sold and still running fine).....blackspire chain ring, 05 Fox Vanilla 130mm.

Pretty awesome, bombproof setup. Looking forward to carving some more trails and getting up the hills a little easier with this setup. The rear 24incher i had was a major hindrance going up.

Enjoy,

Dan

Attachments

bazza

look at me
pity there isnt a v10 alongside it *puts on angry i hate bike theft face*

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. whatever happened to your stinky with extension plates? long sold?

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
i sold the stinky to finance my trip to the USA at the start of the year and whilst i was in San Diego i purchased the V10. ONly had it for about 5 months i reckon. That was totally fvcked.

Thanks for the kind words about the bike. I love riding steel bikes.

Dan

ManiCC

Likes Dirt
Looks awesome, lovin the camo MTX rims, how much did the rims cost normal or did they cost extra because there camo?

lookin like an awesome setup. have fun on it.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
no idea how much the rims cost as i get a pretty good discount from the shop i used to work at. The MTX rims are listed as $129 (i think) in the dirtworks catalogue that everyone gets in AMB.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm loving the bike.

Dan

Speedy

Likes Dirt
stinky|dan said:
no idea how much the rims cost as i get a pretty good discount from the shop i used to work at. The MTX rims are listed as $129 (i think) in the dirtworks catalogue that everyone gets in AMB.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm loving the bike.

Dan
is that like a seperate thing or just an add?

lokal phil

Likes Dirt
mtx: black/polished=$119
winter camo(as seen in foto)/summer camo=$149

sun camo: black=$105
winter camo/summer camo=$139

lokal phil

Likes Dirt
woops, forgot to mention the bike. looks really nice, the mtx's will do the wonders for you, very well built up.

HOS

Likes Bikes
That looks pretty sweet with those rims man... but if you were looking to get up the hills easier, wouldn't a lighter rim have been better (i think they weight like 800 grams)... unless looks mean more to you (which I do respect).

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
HOS said:
That looks pretty sweet with those rims man... but if you were looking to get up the hills easier, wouldn't a lighter rim have been better (i think they weight like 800 grams)... unless looks mean more to you (which I do respect).
Um, well, i'm a big guy so i built up a set of wheels that are reasonably light whilst being capable of handlin the beatings i tend to dish out. So i think this wheel set will work out quite nicely.

Dan

mtb_man

Likes Dirt
Looks very nice Dan. The camo colour isn't my thing but I do rate MTX's, you have a good strong set of wheels there.

HOS: MTX's weigh in around 620g, not 800g. :rolleyes: