My Bighit...i wanna c yours

brettly

Likes Dirt
Just got it the other day...

open for suggestions on 'pimpin' it up a little.. :)
i know i need a chainguide,decent tyres,grips etc

Im replacing the rear spring with a 450lb(to compensate for my 210lb :) )..at the moment it has the standard 400 as u know,seems ok with 115psi air press...but im getting 222/195 difference after sittin on er(eye to eye).Just more variations with a heavier spring id say.....and its being replaced for FREE.....

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what tyres come stock?
Regarding upgrades, i'd ride it stock till something wears out/breaks THEN upgrade. That's just me tho.
Also, if you drop the seat make sure the post doesnt stick down outside the seat tube, it may bash your shock to bits.

Nice lookin ride, now ride it :)

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why the fuck would you want to upgrade it straight after buying it? Get out and ride that beast, it's sick!!!

brettly

Likes Dirt
Havnt had a real go as yet...didnt get it until yesterday , and its fuckin raining today :x ...Not gunna upgrade until i at least wear the tyres out!...just wanted to see what positive changes u have made ,shock positioning etc

Plan to hit Kiera during the week :wink:

john

Likes Bikes
that looks really cool, especially the whole black thing

take off the stickers from the fork and rims then it will look sweet

dugfast

Likes Dirt
john said:
that looks really cool, especially the whole black thing

take off the stickers from the fork and rims then it will look sweet
pffffffft stickers on forks and rims make it look cooler than blank....

_J_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Simo said:
Also, if you drop the seat make sure the post doesnt stick down outside the seat tube, it may bash your shock to bits.
Or if u wanted the seat pimpin' low you could chop an inch or two off the bottom of the seat post!
nice ride!
:shock:

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's awsome man!

I love my Big Hit, I think when I change frames I will go for another one, just with the phat linkage like yours.

mtb_man

Likes Dirt
Very sweet rig

Only suggestions i can come up with are maybe a telescopic post if you plan to ride it up hills cos a post like you got is lethal to your shiny rear shock. Then maybe some nice coloured grips...

anyway go it get dirty :)

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
why would you want the 5th element when the manitou is already on htere ........ but yeh i wouldnt replace anything till the shit wears out personally i would have got boxxers on it or yeh 888's :twisted:

dazonic

Likes Dirt
That's shmick brettly! How does it pedal with the 6-way? I reckon that's pretty well spec'd straight up a chainguide would be the only upgrade i'd recommend, then drop the seat. A black Aireal would look the bomb i reckon.

After i got the 5th, it was a 1000% improvment on the Fox, it used to be the worst heavy ass bitch to pedal. I mean, there's plush, and then there's sloshy. I'd love to take yours for a strap :).

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
yeh but it may look pimper ... though it would just be a waste of money :shock: .... and yeh boxxers rule so do 888 just abit outa my price range though !!!!!!

smooth

Likes Dirt
Dis is myane!

had it for ages and i have only just started doing it up.
My current add on's

ameboa 5mm thick wall bars
azonic shorty
hope m4's 203mm disc
sdg grand prix saddle.

I should be getting my rear hadly hub nxt week and my 888r's should be in any day now.Then im getting the thnig sprayed mat black and im going to do some hot arssed air brushin. should have it all done in a month then you all see the finished product, Argggh so hot!!

MrPlow

TMBC
smooth said:
Dis is myane!

had it for ages and i have only just started doing it up.
My current add on's

ameboa 5mm thick wall bars
azonic shorty
hope m4's 203mm disc
sdg grand prix saddle.

I should be getting my rear hadly hub nxt week and my 888r's should be in any day now.Then im getting the thnig sprayed mat black and im going to do some hot arssed air brushin. should have it all done in a month then you all see the finished product, Argggh so hot!!
Learn to spell :roll: