my bike

ride_hard199

Likes Dirt
umm well I got my new Haro escape 8.1 today i was one of the people who was lucky enough to get 600 off rate it out of ten i supose (if you can be bothered picture in 10 mins

ride_hard199

Likes Dirt
hey the pic works !!!!!
im probably gunna get one of Tomac boys chain guides made for it soon.
and i will probably get some heavier fork springs or i might just get some DJ3 for it .
www.bikes.com.au said they would not send the bike interstate but then decided to send the bike after my dad told them something about Consumer rights or some legal thing about something ........... cant remember.
any what do you think i should do to the bike i got about 400 left.

ride_hard199

Likes Dirt
nicklouse said:
mbuk chain gaurd!!!!!!!! that makes it.

nick
yea that magazine is pretty good espiecally because you get something free every issue!
and this issue was even usefull for me!

ride_hard199

Likes Dirt
naa my mistake i got mixxed up i meant free things that cover the frame where the chain hits it like a gaurd thing ......

Konaman

Likes Dirt
Id get a bit more money together and get some nice cranks as those cranks bend easily and strip and im only 55 kgs....
With 450 you could get some dmr chieftan cranks or something of the likes.
if your happy with the cranks you could go a new back rim and a shorter stem.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
thats really nice dude i love those bikes. my mate ordered one too last week, should be here any time. give us a review of it sometime..
it takes a couple of runs before u're brakes will wear in
how are the forks?

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
GET NEW FORKS---sell those ones asap, and buy new decent forks. i have broken three of those forks (Manitou six comps 03 models 80mm) and my mate 3 times times as well, and get this, each time in exactly the same place. i think also Anarki on this forum has done the same.

If you keep them i know you can get warranty but it takes about 4-5 weeks each time they break to get them back. if you keep them keep and eye out on the top arch of the magnesium cating, you will see a crack start to form and if it goes all the way thru and actually snaps you wont be able to claim warranty as manitou will just say you stacked it and they broke then. so be warned about the forks.

Otherwise, nice bike for that price!

ride_hard199

Likes Dirt
the frameis size large 19.5' its just the right size for me
the forks are shit ...... :? but oh well.......

im just gunna look out for some second hand DJ3's or some 03 models that are on sale.
i was thinking about getting some Raceface prodigy Downhill cranks (i think thats what there called) are these any good
i might just wait until the cranks break
are Answer Protapers any good i was thinking about getting some because i like the gold colour..... :roll:

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Yeah a lot of people seem to like the protapers, lots of downhillers use them. Check out the thread on handlebars

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
peachy said:
i'm sure u'd need to ride them pretty hard to snap em? what were u doing?
literally just riding down the street. the first time anyway, then just some light xc offroad stuff

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
why would you get the forks again after the 2nd time. you could just say to your shop get the warrentie and and few more $50 notes then you could have steped up in the forks.
if it keeps you on the bike and the bike out of the shop then most people are happy. especialy manitou. cause they don't have to give you new forks every couple of months.

but if your doing shit that cracks thought the magnesium then im guessing that your doing what the forks wernt ment for . im sure the forks are more then capable for single track and fire roads and the like but they were not ment for dh and jumping.