XC My custom Giant Yukon...

SteveC22

Likes Dirt
Here she is. Turned out pretty sweet for not too much $$$.

Specs:
Frame - 07 Giant Yukon FX
Rear shock - Air sprung (basic)
Front shock/fork - Rock Shox Dart 2 100mm hydraulic damping
Headset - Alloy riser/Alloy ahead 15 degree (short)
Saddle - SDG Bel Air
Seatpost - BBB Skyscraper
Brakes - Shimano M415 mechanical disc w/6" rotors
Cranks - Shimano Hollowtech
Pedals - Shimano PD-647
Front derailleur - Shimano Alivio
Rear derailleur - Shimano Alivio 8 speed
Cassette - Shimano HG30 8 speed 11-32T
Front hub - Alloy disc
Rear hub - Joytech 8sp cassette disc
Front rim - Alloy double wall disc 26"
Rear rim - Alex DM18 26"
Front Tyre - Maxxis Larsen 26 x 2.1"
Rear Tyre - WTB werewolve 26 x 2.1"

Before:

After:

Sumo

Likes Dirt
Absolutely love the colour. Have you thought about swapping the weirfolf tyre to the front? They carve corners well up front.

SteveC22

Likes Dirt
Absolutely love the colour. Have you thought about swapping the weirfolf tyre to the front? They carve corners well up front.
Yeah still got to swap a few things around. thats what was on the new rim when i got it. Gonna get some descent forks too when i get the money.

karl_eller

Likes Bikes
That's a pretty nice colour.

Don't suppose you happen to have a weight for it? I'm kinda looking at a Halo 1 (Basically a Yukon FX with some upgraded kit) since I probably can't afford a Trance X3, but I haven't been able to find some decent weights for them.

Eller

SteveC22

Likes Dirt
That's a pretty nice colour.

Don't suppose you happen to have a weight for it? I'm kinda looking at a Halo 1 (Basically a Yukon FX with some upgraded kit) since I probably can't afford a Trance X3, but I haven't been able to find some decent weights for them.

Eller

About 14-15kgs. It is a really nice bike to ride. Only thing i hate are the forks,but ill get a new set soon. Maybe some white Fox forks will look nice??

karl_eller

Likes Bikes
About 14-15kgs. It is a really nice bike to ride.
That's not as bad as I thought it'd be, I was expecting something more around the 17kg range. What size frame?

Only thing i hate are the forks,but ill get a new set soon. Maybe some white Fox forks will look nice??
Definitely stick with black forks. Orange + black = sexy, orange + white = not sexy.

Eller