My decked out Stinky

What should I put on next?

• Total voters

tanzak

Squid
My JR.T is the best fork I have ever ridden...You want the '04 forks but, boxxers leak, '04 Jrs feel really wierd to me, if you want something like an '04 DC fork ....instead of the '04 I would go with the '03 Jr T, if you want to spend the extra $200-300 for the external preload AND rebound get the '03 Super T.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
its about an extra $600 for the super t (i think). I work in a bike shop and i was talking about it with my boss and thats what he said. I just dont think i can be bothered getting a boxxer and then upgrading the front wheel to 20 mm hubs and upgrading to 8 inch hydros straight away. Its such an expensive exercise. Better to go for the jnr t and not have to spend any extra cash.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
i've got the dangerboy plates on mine and my atomlab aircorp 24 incher turned up at the shop yesterday. should be built this time next week.

tanzak

Squid
ride_hard199 said:
spinner said:
Love the bullet hole! :D
as spinner said would you please tell me how that hole or bullet hole got there?
just corious :roll:
Hunting accident. Some loser shot my bike thinking it would be cool, but its not. Nah its a sticker.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah reminds me of my stinky, still miss it sometimes. My vote would be to put a manitou swinger shock on there, better than the rc and gives you better range of adjustments for the rear end.

HeftyKona

Likes Bikes
Abit late, sorry. I've got a tricked 03 Stinky with a Stratos TR1 rear shock which im going to have to change, is it worth getting the LT plates?

mykol

Likes Dirt
i reckon your first upgrade should be the vanilla RC, then if you can find one......you should try and get a new rear swingarm thingy to give your stinky 6 or more inches of travel

tanzak

Squid
with new linkage plates, set at 6" rear travel would be fine I guess. But when you set it to 7" you need to get a 24" rear wheel to prevent it from hitting the frame. Therefore it would make my bike hella chopped and I would risk snapping the head tube. :(