My do lots of things bike.

Hamo

Likes Dirt
Well I decided I wanted a bike which can do a lot of things...which is a squishy, cause my back got rather sore with my hardtial dirtjumping and trail riding..
So I decided to get me a Trance X... I don't have alot of money so I just got the base model, But its nice still I think Smile
I got the 14.5 inch frame, which is awesomely small, really easy to throw about, easier than my stp
Specs are:
Frame: Giant Trance X 5"/125mm Travel 14.5" size
Fork: Fox 32 F120 R (120mm Travel)
Shock: Fox Float R
Cranks: Deore LX
Gearing: Rear - Deore LX, Front - Deore.
Bars: Raceface Ride XC
Stem: Eastern Vice
Wheels: Mavic XM117 disc 32h
Brakes: Shimano M485 hydraulic w/6" centre-lock rotors

Will be putting on a blackspire 36t Chainring instead of the 32tooth in the picture, and Truvative Shift guide on tomorrow... For dirtjumping probably use my old rear wheel as the current ones are pretty weak.

Sorry it's not so great a pic, but you get the idea.

Attachments

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is quite a nice bike, I just hate that curve Giant have put in on the down tube, it is unnecessary and looks horrible, shame you couldn't get your hands on a 2007 one, oh well.

Nice bike though, you should be pretty happy with it, I want your forks as well.

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats one nice bike you got there mate but one thing I know your using it for DJ's but the seat looks so stupid.

Hamo

Likes Dirt
Yeah, seat does look too big, but oh well, practical.
The curve in the. downtube is neccesary, it shaves wieght and adds strength, I have to say they look so much like the iron horse bikes now though!
I am happy with it, Just can't wait to get out on the trails/jumps on it!

---Matt---

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hamo! Looks like a great do-it-all bike. I love it.

I'm working on something similar for myself.

That is quite a nice bike, I just hate that curve Giant have put in on the down tube, it is unnecessary and looks horrible...
How is the bend in the downtube unnecessary? How would you fit the shock in there without it? Or would you prefer a hole in the tube... a-la glory?

rayza

Likes Dirt
nice ride mate, ive been waiting to see someone using a tranceX as a fun/jump/mini dh sort of bike. there was heaps of old 4x trance's last year, i wana see more hardcore spec'd tranceX's. get some better pics ups.

edit: whats with the cone shaped spacer under the stem? no normal spacers? can it be removed to drop the bar height?

Hamo

Likes Dirt
I'm not sure about the cone, the bar height is ok for now I think, Cause I'm used to my downhillbike I guess

I'll try to get some better pics, Got the 36t Chainring on, and the Chainguide.

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks perfect for a do-it-all bike.
However, if you do a lot more dirt jumping/DH than XC then you might want to invest in a 20mm hub/fork combo.

And I like the downtube curve-makes it look like a slopestyle bike.

chu

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wow that is a sweet as bike...i love the trances and especially the trance x that is one nuts looking bike...enjoy it:)

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
giant and norco have really stepped it up this year and i have to say that is one of the nicest trances ive seen and it does look really good with the curve in the downtube bet its light aswell i gonna try and talk my dad into one:) really nice bike

oh and if you dont mind me asking how much was it you said it was the lowest model so i suppose cheap

Hamo

Likes Dirt
The retail price on it was 2300, but I got it a fair bit cheaper as I work in a bikeshop. I put the flat pedals, stem and new seat and seatpostost on it, as well as a shiftguide and a 36t chainring instead of the stock 32 tooth and put a bashie on instead of the 44t.
Other than that it's stock, so it's a good deal if you ask me!

in the future I may look at a 20mm front hub/ fork, but at the moment I have no money, so It'll have to wait. But Im pretty light anyway, so it should be ok for now :)

Rik

logged out
This bike interests me... how heavy are you, and how hard do you ride it? I've considered doing similar to an X2, albeit with a fair bit of parts changing to suit. Will have to keep an eye on your progress with this bike.