my e-13 SRS chain guide installation experience

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
Well it was too tempting. I had ordered a e-13 srs chain guide for my .243 but it hasn't arrived yet. So i figured during quiet times in the shop i would start to put it on my Stinky. Well, i was blessed with two very quiet days and after much dicking around i got the chain guide on and working.

I had a few small problems but they had nothing to do with the quality of the e-13 guide. My main issues dealt with the DMR chieftain cranks i've got. They were too big and i had to file away a small portion of the bash guard for it to fit properly. I must add that this was my first time fitting a bash guard and only the second time i've taken my cranks off and bottom bracket apart. Most of my difficulties came about because i was unfamiliar with how everything worked together. If you are planning on doing this yourself give yourself plenty of time and make sure you have all the necessary tools.

After about 15 goes i finally had a chain guide that fits perfectly and a set of cranks that spin freely. The guide is pretty silent and the drivetrain works fine with the blackspire Dh ring i set it up with. Everything works and it will get a test ride on Monday (after the Perth Big Day Out) at Chittering when we test ride the 3 chillis course where the Johnny Waddell fundraising race will be held next weekend.

Photos and an updated review in a little while. Hope i was helpful.

Dan

if only i had of kept my stinky.....sounds like a good guide if it took a while to get on..to bad atx-1's only fot the ac's and a front bashguuard i think

Adi

It's my birthday!
Sounds awesome Dan!

Who did you order the guide though? And how much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

Cheers!

naz

Criminally Inane
Psycodh said:
if only i had of kept my stinky.....sounds like a good guide if it took a while to get on..to bad atx-1's only fot the ac's and a front bashguuard i think
are u drunk, read that sentence out loud, sounds like me on a good day :p
SRS is that the dual front chainring

naz said:
Psycodh said:
are u drunk, read that sentence out loud, sounds like me on a good day :p
SRS is that the dual front chainring
yeah, i am sure drunked! nah just shows how gooda school i go to :D

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
evils/e13s are the shit. sooo much better than the aireal/blackspire and mrp shit. you can slam rocks and not cair about bending your bashrings... u should just buy the bashring for your .243 naz?

Tankass

Likes Dirt
i had the evil bashring on my bike with dmr cranks as well.yes u have to file just abit of of.whereas if u r using the profile racing cranks,u need not.
but one issue that most of the pple i know using evils are,if u tighten the chainring bolt too tightlythe area around the chainring will crack.and a guy i know who ,did a disaster on a bench and 2 of the part around the chainring bolt cracked..they should fabricate that particular part stronger imo.
fyi,mine (around the chainring bolt) cracked too.due to overtighten.whereas i dun think we will have that issues with mrp/aireals etc etc.

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Psycodh said:
The guys at e13 told me i could fit an SRS guide on my DHTeam (ATX style). Just involves grinding that top mounting plate off the frame (for that top AC chainguide cage part). That or..upon looking at some new E-13's... bodging something up to attach the upper part of an E-13 guide to this plate. Haha it all sounds dodgy-as when i type it out! :lol: :oops:

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If anyone wants to buy one, I have one for sale. PM me.

(Wouldn't have put this in if people weren't offering to buy the dudes in the original post)

Woodsie

Likes Dirt
Damn e-13 bash guard. It's so strong that now I need to upgrade to a stronger BB. :lol:
Or maybe I could just stop riding through rock gardens like I'm on a bulldozer! :oops:

Oh and FYI. The have Single Ring Security and Dual Ring Security. The DRS kicks arse. Starts to make dropping down to a single ring setup seem pointless unless you use the bike exclusively for doing shuttles.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
Well, the DRS came into the shop by accident but i'm glad i waited and got the SRS. I use a 38 chainring from blackspire and it seems to pedal nicely.

I just threw the SRS onto my .243(arrived yesterda) and it went on piece of piss. So simple once everything suits the cranks.

It is a superb piece of machinery.