My eyes! My Eyes! - it is actually more yellow than even I thought

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
New frame arrived today courtesy of French mate (yes Alex, you will receive lots of beer in Cairns next year!)

I can not believe how bright the paint job is on these - the photo does not do it justice! I will transplant parts from the Canfield as my wife has a one bike/person rule in effect... Not sure what I will do with the Canfield and associated parts yet (trying to work out whether it will be better to sell in bits or as a package... any thoughts Rotorburers? I haven't bought a bike 2nd hand for ages so not sure what people generally prefer).

I will be trying to build this up with a number of 'off the back of a truck parts' including a BOS Vipr and maybe try the X-Fusion Slant forks just based on the funds (of which I have limited)

It will get the Haven Carbon wheels and the possibly the 1x10 XO but if I can scrimp out deals on everything else I might look at the XO1 which should be out soon (XX1 is a little rich for my blood)

P1010925.JPG

mitchy_

Llama calmer
i'm assuming the carbon havens are for weight? you could save more weight spending the money on other items (ie. pikes are lighter than x fusion slants, etc)

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Budget for a new shock everytime you ride in mud, by the looks...
+1 on this, I would be flipping the shock if you can. Or investing in a mud/shock guard. Or both, I can see that shock turning into a non-kashima shock if you don't protect it.

duck_man

Likes Dirt
I just got my Am 1 a few days ago, and its crazy bright! Think safety clothes bright. I put the little Commencal mud guard on the back shock and it really works well, I took it out in some pretty bad mud. Keen to see it all built up.

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
The havens I already have from a prior build (I have considered selling the a few times and just running a hope 2 set up with stans). It has come with the shock guard thankfully. I rode one last year without and it was not pretty.

My wife loves the colour - she had a bike collide with her at the nationals a bunch of years back, broke her arm like a toothpick and since then she is a fan of a bike she can see coming :)

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha my supreme wc is that yellow aswell its awesome!! so bright

my supreme rides pretty awesome for a dh bike I can only assume this will be better keen to see it finished you wont be dissapointed

willsy01

Eats Squid
Can you do me a favour and let me know what the boost valve pressure and the rebound/velocity tune is on the rear shock? Will be on the stickers......

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Can you do me a favour and let me know what the boost valve pressure and the rebound/velocity tune is on the rear shock? Will be on the stickers......
Crikey, how bloody hard do they want to make it to read those haha

Boost valve pressure - 175
Rebound- L
Velocity - F

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Got some nice shiny new X-Fusions here Gav!
I should be down there on Saturday - hoorah! You did get the, in white?

I have the BOS vip'r on the way form the UK thanks to a bit of e-stalking of a poor commencal distributor there that had one lying around. Hopefully the cable runs fit a bit better than the canfield :)

aanon

Likes Dirt
I have got one of those sitting on my coffee table surrounded by bits for the build.
Bright is an understatement.

Last edited: