my forks dang snapped(new pics up)

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
Well the forks were around 3 years old and all manufacturers aply planned obsolecence to there product otherwise they don't get any sales after there first sale. Thats why victor lawn mowers recalled there original model and replaced it with one that would break because there first one was so good it wouldn't die. Think of it this way you now have a reason to get better forks :p

mitchy_poo

Likes Dirt
Well the forks were around 3 years old and all manufacturers aply planned obsolecence to there product otherwise they don't get any sales after there first sale. Thats why victor lawn mowers recalled there original model and replaced it with one that would break because there first one was so good it wouldn't die. Think of it this way you now have a reason to get better forks :p
AHAH yeah thats true im getting gold labels this weekend.

roxby

Likes Bikes
Marzocchi Bomber Z5

Well i have been riding my Bombers since 2001 on a norco torrent. and to date there has been absolutely nothing go wrong with them. i ride hard and stack occasionally, jumping and drops and such. im just posting this cause i recon marzocchi are the best and i would never go for any other brand.

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
What I meant by both my Marzocchi's cracking were my dad's and mine. My family has cracked 2 Marzocchi's but I just said they were both mine coz t was less to type at the time.

I do ride smooth I was just having a go at BMX'ers who hurt their wrists. It doesn't happen as much on an mtb.

Sorry for your confusion.
Dumb thing to say about the hurting your wrists. I've ridden rigids on my mtb for ages now and it only made my wrists a bit sore the first few days I had them. If your winging because your wrists hurt riding rigids any longer than a month then its probably because your a hack. BMXers don't hurt there wrists anyway, I've never heard one ever complain about it once, I mean if it was that bad then they wouldn't ride bmx.

knoxy

Likes Bikes
you Guys are comparing cheap forks against ridiculously expensive ones and expecting them to compare.

Also, i made the move from mtb to bmx, and the only time i ever hurt my wrists was (strangely) the first few times i bunny-hopped (an the time i went for an xc ride, but thats not surprising) the difference between mtb and bmx is that on a bmx you learn to use your arms and legs to soak up impacts, but on mtb you use the suspension.

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
Both my Marzocchi's cracked in the crown. This is real life feedback on how crap Marzocchi is. Do not buy them!
there three years old, thats the average life on forks

and im questing you had dirt jumpers or drop offs and used them for downhill am i right or am i not??

i havent had any probs with my 07 dj3s yet and i ride over the bars and flat land a far bit too.

my only problem with them is that there a bit heavy.

Last edited: