DH My fully pimped Giant DH Comp

dhdave199

Likes Dirt
Yeh it looks kinda cute with the shiny red bits and that but you get through 6inch's+ on your forks and your going to fold your seals under when the bottom crown hits the lowers. That rear shock wont take much to blow and besides all that the angles and handling on that thing it must handle like a Reliant Robin. I think you should stick to painting nails not building bikes.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Yeah the above point, after reading, those forks are rooted under bottom out.
Sharpie the stanchions to get the full boxxer effect :p

donny70

Likes Dirt
Yeh it looks kinda cute with the shiny red bits and that but you get through 6inch's+ on your forks and your going to fold your seals under when the bottom crown hits the lowers. That rear shock wont take much to blow and besides all that the angles and handling on that thing it must handle like a Reliant Robin. I think you should stick to painting nails not building bikes.
Painting nails? Really, I think you can rise a bit higher than that. Although you do seem to post a lot of cutting comments on other posts. It's a pointless way to spend your time and you should look into it…

But hey why so serious? The forks haven't bottomed out yet and I do adjust them back when aiming down hill. The air shock seems to be a feature on a lot of new models so I'm sure it will be ok on mine and it's been going great for a year so far so I doubt it will blow anytime soon.

The handling characteristics have not changed much from the floor model as it came from the shop. The rear shock is 8.75" and the original was 9" so the small difference hasn't slackened the head angle too much. The drop of 4.35kg off the weight with a good selection of (shiny red bits) means it's no slouch either...

I don't like it...It's too, well, childish.
Now, there's no accounting for taste. I like to think this colour scheme is a little bit of fun in a world of sterile and boring designs.
But if you personally don't like it maybe you could paint your own with a yellow rattle can.

I like candy red...

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Pee Wee Herman is on the loose!

Lock up your bikes!