My Garage

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well as some of you would know I had 3 bikes stolen 10 weeks ago. AAMI have been awesome and came to the party and replaced everything new without any dramas at all.

So here is my garage,

Intense M6
09 Giant Anthem X0
08 Giant Regin 0
08 Glory

Attachments

Last edited:

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And here is how I now protect them all.

I have reinforced the garage door with 2x1 steel all the way around the outside and fitted two new locks at the bottom. I have also removed the handle.

I have welded up a big bracket that is dyna bolted to the wall(nuts welded on) that all the bikes are locked to with motorbike locks.

I have installed a GSM alarm system that has 2 motion sensors and sensors on the door and all windows. It is encased in a 20mm thick timber box with 10mm perspex. It has internal battery backup and if broken into calls up to 10 phone numbers saying that the garage is being broken into. You are then able to listen to whats going on.

Attachments

Last edited:

chuckies_here

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are alll extreamlly nice bikes.
I felt sooooo bad for you when i found out they got stolen.
Good too hear that the insurance came threw with out hassles.

Hahahha nice pair of boxxer lowers on the wall aswell.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Theres no hope the bikes will go walkabout again with the look of that setup.

Like trying to escape a prision cell!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are alll extreamlly nice bikes.
I felt sooooo bad for you when i found out they got stolen.
Good too hear that the insurance came threw with out hassles.

Hahahha nice pair of boxxer lowers on the wall aswell.
Thanks mate. Yeah that pair of lowers snapped a while back.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Theres no hope the bikes will go walkabout again with the look of that setup.

Like trying to escape a prision cell!
Thats the plan.

I also intend to cover the mesh wall of the garage with 18mm plywood. It probably took them 10 seconds to get into my garage before(shit door) now with the new reinforced door with 2 locks and alarm I dont think they have a hope.

John U

MTB Precision
Can i suggest that you hang you bikes in alternating order, ie back wheel up, front wheel up. In the unlikely scenario they get in, it will just make 2 bikes locked together that bit harder to wheel them down the street.
Every bit to make it more difficult makes the target less attractive. looks like your target is now about as ugly as it gets. good work.

Blotto

Likes Dirt
those are some very nice bikes mate, and some of the best commitment to bike security I've ever seen. AAMI is awesome with insurance. I had my car written off (not my fault - got crashed into when it was parked) on a Thursday, they picked it up that night and I had the money in my account on Monday. If I was going to call an insurance company good, it would be them

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can i suggest that you hang you bikes in alternating order, ie back wheel up, front wheel up. In the unlikely scenario they get in, it will just make 2 bikes locked together that bit harder to wheel them down the street.
Every bit to make it more difficult makes the target less attractive. looks like your target is now about as ugly as it gets. good work.
No need, they are locked together aswell as to that black bracket on the wall. Its made from 4x1 and 2x2 steel with 5mm wall thinkness. They would need and angle grinder.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You what you should do to make it even tougher? Buy some illegal fireworks and strap em to a lead that is tripped when the motion sensors go off, Would be funny, get the guy and also save your bikes... Because you don't want a amount of bikes that goes over $10000 to be stolen now do we. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Because you don't want a amount of bikes that goes over $10000 to be stolen now do we. :rolleyes:
Not following?

You wouldnt want any bike of any value to be stolen. What does $10000 have to do with it???

And just so that you know the replacement value of what was stolen was well over $25,000

Last edited:

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not following?

You wouldnt want any bike of any value to be stolen.

And just so that you know the replacement value of what was stolen was well over $25,000
ok fair enough, you wouldn't want ANY bike stolen and just out of curiosity what bikes WERE actually stolen?

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok fair enough, you wouldn't want ANY bike stolen and just out of curiosity what bikes WERE actually stolen?
07 Intense M3
07 Giant Reign 1
08 Trance 0

and heaps of parts, tools and spares.

They actually left the Glory. They either didnt have enough room or realised that they are more comon than ass holes:D

Black Ice

Likes Dirt
Yo man!

I didn't know you were running Ultimate's as well? And white ones!

So what are they like comparing to the Code's?

greene

Likes Dirt
No need, they are locked together aswell as to that black bracket on the wall. Its made from 4x1 and 2x2 steel with 5mm wall thinkness. They would need and angle grinder.
You don't keep an angle grinder in the garage do you?

Lorday

Eats Squid
Your bike lock up sounds like that impossible target in all the "Ocean's" movies, this could be the scene for Ocean's 14 maybe? Anyone know Universal studios number?

Nice bike(s) by the way

They actually left the Glory. They either didnt have enough room or realised that they are more comon than ass holes:D
Sig'd