My GT IT-1

VicRiders

Likes Dirt
Picked this brand spankin' new bad boy, up this arvo, after the previously ordered one got ran over by a forklift...
Here are the specs...

Frame: GT iT1 design, 7~9" travel, 20mm trough axle dropouts, Shimano Nexus 8-speed internal transmission, 6061-T6
Fork: Fox 40 RC2, dual crown, through axle dropouts
Rear Shock: Fox DHX 5.0, coil spring
Crankset: Shimano Saint
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Saint
Pedals: Shimano DX platform
Front Derailleur: -NONE-
Rear Derailleur: -NONE-
Shifters: Shimano Nexus twist-grip, 8 speed
Cassette: -NONE-
Chain: Shimano
Rims: Sun, MTX, welded joint
Front Tire: Kenda Nevegal, 2.5"
Rear Tire: Kenda Nevegal, 2.5"
Front Hub: Shimano Saint, 20mm alxe
Rear Hub: GT IT1 design, sealed bearing, 20mm axle
Spokes: DT 2.0 x 1.8
Nipples: DT aluminum
Front Brake: Hope Mono M4 caliper, Shimano 203 mm rotor
Rear Brake: Hope Mono M4 caliper, Shimano 203 mm rotor
Brake Levers: Hope
Handlebar: Easton EA70 MonkeyBar
Stem: Easton Vice
Grips: GT Lock-ons
Headset: FSA Orbit MX, 6061 cups
Saddle: SDG FRD I-Beam
Seat Post: SDG I-Beam, AL 2014
Seat Clamp: Integrated

LEX

Likes Dirt
DANG,,,, fill us in on a complete review of the internal gearbox man... Looks sweet

VicRiders

Likes Dirt
yeh im lovin the gears, no waiting for derailer to change gears, smooth changes, no need to pedal to change gears...best gearing design ever!...

VicRiders

Likes Dirt
not sure if you can , coz the driver at the back isnt free moving, so wether or not u could change that dont know...

Last edited:

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
notb4dinner said:
If so, is there anything stopping you from putting a slightly larger chainring on?
I think you're pretty much stuck with the stock one. Otherwise, the spec on a stock bike is amazing, Fox 40s, Hopes, MTX wheels, etc...

scottmeister

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bighit_DH said:
Rear shock is 7"-9" of travel...
It rides very smooth, still needs a bit of running in though..
I think he means what are the shock dimensions. Otherwise he would have asked for the rear wheel travel ;) Unless you run a 9" stroke shock. I love those shocks.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
unreal.
I'm really curious as to how theses things ride. Do you reckon you can feel any difference in the suspension or the way the rear wheel tracks with the mass moved to the centre of the bike?

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice, my only concern is the grip-shift. When I used to have a grip-shift, whenever I jumped I'd shift because of my hand movement. But I spose that could be easily fixed by changing it to a Alivio 8spd shifter aye?

Any-who, extremly nice bike, and if you dont mind me asking how much did it set you back?

Cheers lads,
Cam