my homemade DH frame

madm3chanic

Likes Bikes
beautiful work, madmech.... that is a thing of beauty.....and *love* that colour....that is ooh lah lah, man.

do you have a brand name for your work?

& how much do you think you'd charge for a hardtail frame?
actually im not allowed to use this as 'advertising' for my frames as if they were for sale otherwise i get in trouble from farkin, cause this is just a thread for me to sorta post my rides ;)

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Surely you can answer questions though, as this is a forum, not an infomertial, I doubt Farkins not been bought by advertisers to silence people in any way.
ARE YOUR FRAMES FOR SALE?
DO YOU HAVE A BRAND NAME?
I'm asking because I'd like to know.

kunst

Squid
yeah totally,
that is a classy custom frame man..... we don't have any qualms about brand-name dropping elsewhere here, so do it.

What do custom hand built bike frames go for anyway?

madm3chanic

Likes Bikes
okies then :) actually they removed my thread about the fullsus DJ cause i angled it like it was for sale, so i gotta be res[ectful of that.

descendence cycles (google it for my webpage).

i sell hardtails for bout 750 onwards. you can always PM me...

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just checked out your webpage,
and to me, as a possible customer, it would have to be the best website I have seen in a fair while.

Most webpage's these days are way to dull, great to see something that is the complete opposite.

Massive props to the person who designed it. Especially the entrance page! Superb!

How much are you selling your frames for?
Just out of interest.

madm3chanic

Likes Bikes
Just checked out your webpage,
and to me, as a possible customer, it would have to be the best website I have seen in a fair while.

Most webpage's these days are way to dull, great to see something that is the complete opposite.

Massive props to the person who designed it. Especially the entrance page! Superb!

How much are you selling your frames for?
Just out of interest.

thanks man, appreciate it. my cousin did the design with art i gave him done by a friend on mine, i had a real distinct feel i wanted to create, not too professional and very gritty, and sorta edgy to reflect my frames and my attitude towards framebuilding.
just PM me if you want any info, cause all prices are gonna be different cause i dont have like 'set models' and shit yet. i will though, when i work out which ones are gonna be the best for me to make and sell. p[rice of hardtails i already mentioned tho, duallies probly bout 1.5k and up depending on the amount of CNC machining. kinda busy right now tho...got some DH frames im doing for a fella from this site and myself, and tryin to get the AM frames done, tryin to get a slopestyler done for a sponsor in canada, and uni, and work, and girlfriend...

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks man, appreciate it. my cousin did the design with art i gave him done by a friend on mine, i had a real distinct feel i wanted to create, not too professional and very gritty, and sorta edgy to reflect my frames and my attitude towards framebuilding.
just PM me if you want any info, cause all prices are gonna be different cause i dont have like 'set models' and shit yet. i will though, when i work out which ones are gonna be the best for me to make and sell. p[rice of hardtails i already mentioned tho, duallies probly bout 1.5k and up depending on the amount of CNC machining. kinda busy right now tho...got some DH frames im doing for a fella from this site and myself, and tryin to get the AM frames done, tryin to get a slopestyler done for a sponsor in canada, and uni, and work, and girlfriend...
Haha, to true.
I wouldn't be suprised if in 5 years or so you had a major bike building company up and running, with the frame design's your running at the moment, it wouldn't be hard to sell plenty of frames, especially considering that there all hand made at the moment, there selling for very cheap.
All you need now is for James Packer to come along and finace your company ;)

madm3chanic

Likes Bikes
Haha, to true.
I wouldn't be suprised if in 5 years or so you had a major bike building company up and running, with the frame design's your running at the moment, it wouldn't be hard to sell plenty of frames, especially considering that there all hand made at the moment, there selling for very cheap.
All you need now is for James Packer to come along and finace your company ;)
yeah thet'd be nice...then i wouldnt be completely broke all the time lol.

madm3chanic

Likes Bikes
Little birdy told me you had some issues? what's the go?
whatcha mean "issues"?
had a few issues with the CNC machining on the official DH launch delaying things abut 6 months(!), apart from that, all goin ok here.

finished the first AM frame btw, makin two frames with more or less identical geo to gauge the difference. the one i finished last week is a 6.5lb straight-guage cromo single-pivot, and the other is gonna be a linkage driven with a triple butted steel front, Gr 6 Ti swingarm and 7005 links and axles. stupid super bling frame that ones gonna be.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
oh yeah, has anyone got squidy's email? im tryn to get him but the listed contact is bouncing back.
Someone is bound to have it: he's plays too big a role in the scene.

Good to hear it's all going well. Did the CNC crack or similar on the DH machine? They still look bloody tops. How is the super slack HA going on them?

Looking forward to seeing that blingy AM frame:as long as it keeps a touch of industrial to it that is. :p

madm3chanic

Likes Bikes
Someone is bound to have it: he's plays too big a role in the scene.

Good to hear it's all going well. Did the CNC crack or similar on the DH machine? They still look bloody tops. How is the super slack HA going on them?

Looking forward to seeing that blingy AM frame:as long as it keeps a touch of industrial to it that is. :p

ahhhh i geddit! yeah you mean the old DH frame. the head angle was too slack, re-made one to 64 degrees which is about right.
smashed good an proper during the state champs! first the boxxers blew and colapsed, lead to a crash which broke a CNC'd bit on bth sides right thru on the swingarm, and cracked both the seatstays behind the weld. also managed to smash my nice juicy ultimate carbon lever and took a welded ISCG tab clean off. but then, you shoulda seen what it was doing!
he was launching a 4m gap off a ledge into the middle of a knarly rockgarden that everyone else was slowing down thru. sam hill was the only other person there to try the line.

new frames not really anything like the old one (its a floating pivot), but im certainly applyin the knowledge of where the old one broke. thicker seatstays, for one ;) i actually meant that i had a load of trouble just getting the machining done, no-one in australia would do it for me.

madm3chanic

Likes Bikes
Akuma arrives

here she is nearly at last.

was an issue with the anodising thats got me needing to re-make the top links and bottom link, but its about done. taken me over a year to design and make this here beasty- complex design, many many delays, and one very patient Graham has lead to the creation of something im pretty damn proud of tho.

should ride as good as it looks tho- a lil birdy told me that all the shock forces and whatnot are pretty much like a cross between a V10 and an M6/socom.

Attachments

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
love the graphics! looks good man, good to see you're still at it, I was wondering what the situation was the other day.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
So many questions.
Is the back bolt on the top link another option or just for bracing?
What affect does the chain(pedalling have)?
Anti squat etc?
Brake forces(squat)?
Wheel path?
Shock path?
Chain stay length?
Head angle?
BB width?
Rear wheel width?
Looks rad, well done.