X7
Gamut
DT 550 F & B
Deity Dirty Thirtys
Minions Tubeless 2.5
Avid Elixers
Hussefelt Howitzer
DHX 4 Steel Spring

The rest is specialized. I'll get a weight when I get a decent seatpost, and pedals

Attachments

screw loose

Likes Dirt
Maiden voyage imminent. She's only seen carpet and footpath so far. But saturday: unmaintained buller. I've set it up pretty plush, so we'll have to see how it goes over bigger hits. Report to follow.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Background looks familiar - where did you take the shots?
Bike looks great. Not sure of those patterns on the fame, but I like the colour mix and the muted tones. Bet she rides just a well as she looks!

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah man that looks sick, are you the bloke who had the other specialized at eatons or was that one of ya mate's?

notso

Likes Dirt
Background looks familiar - where did you take the shots?
Bike looks great. Not sure of those patterns on the fame, but I like the colour mix and the muted tones. Bet she rides just a well as she looks!
Photos are taken at a church on Sydney rd mate, just down from Glenlyon.

Bling it up Brodz.. let's get some scratches on her tomorrow :p

screw loose

Likes Dirt
Just took her out for a quick spin at the yangs.

First thing I noticed was how quick and effortless the demo rolls. Could be the tubeless set up.

Pro pedal on the DHX 4 is great, had it turned up to about 6 clicks, but it gets a little sketchy in rockgardens at speed, so i'd probably turn it down to about 2 clicks for buller tomorrow.

It sits nice and low, and the head angle feels reeeel slack, pretty long top tube too, so as opposed to my last bike (more of a freeride geo) it feels like there's heaps of room in the cockpit, and you're more 'in' the bike than perched on it. . if you know what I mean.

Corners in berms like a demon, and you simply have to keep your weight centred for off camber, drifty corners. The slack head angle makes it feel like you have to move quite a distance forward for aggressive cornering, and the low bottom bracket and shorter chainstays allow you to really fuggen rip into corners. So much fun.

That said, at times it feels like you kinda lose contact with the front wheel, really a bike to be ridden with aggression.

The totems feel endless. Coming from 40s I thought I'd experience the downside of less travel a bit more. Love the totems.

In the air, again the geo makes you just want to stay up there for longer. Really stable. The longer/lower geo gives you a lower centre of gravity, and I boosted higher off all the jumps than ever.

Once the elixers bedded in they were frighteningly powerful, nearly went over the hangers a couple of times at slower speeds.

So. . all in all, a really solid, low to the ground, yet nimble ride.

High Speed report to follow.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
This Demo looks nicer than S.Hills. IMHO anyway.

I'll be up at Buller on Saturday with my camera gear, I'll keep an eye out for ya.

JoshP

Likes Dirt
omg thats sex right there.:D Best demo ive seen for a while, love the decals and the red.
Very nice.