My new DMR TRAILSTAR

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Hey! I actually like to RIDE my bike places ya bum! Which usually involves hills...
Although SS was quite interesting this weekend, makes it so much more challenging. except i have a stupid cassette on there, I really should put my single ring on again.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Hate to tell you Cam, but the Z.1's are infact a '98.
When I dissasembled them on the weekend using the '97 model manual I found that the "rebound stop rubber" was missing, and in its place was a "rebound spring" of the '98 model.
So unless you swapped the rubber for a spring, they are indeed '98's.
Which also means that they have a BAM (Bomber Aerospace Material) arch.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive got the exact same colour frame, cept i think mine may be older cuase ive got horizontal drop outs with a euro BB, its the best colour out of them all, nice ride CHEWY.

Rik

logged out
CHEWY said:
Hey! I actually like to RIDE my bike places ya bum! Which usually involves hills...
Although SS was quite interesting this weekend, makes it so much more challenging. except i have a stupid cassette on there, I really should put my single ring on again.
Pfft, wimp! Singlespeed your way around for a month or 2, you'll be amazed at your fitness increasing dramatically.

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rik said:
CHEWY said:
Pfft, wimp! Singlespeed your way around for a month or 2, you'll be amazed at your fitness increasing dramatically.
for sure: gears are for sissies

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Ok, Campbells shown me the error of my ways. It is a 97 Z.1. Beats me as to why it has the spring instead of a rubber rebound stopper....

Ride_Guy said:
Ive got the exact same colour frame, cept i think mine may be older cuase ive got horizontal drop outs with a euro BB, its the best colour out of them all, nice ride CHEWY.
Do you not read threads? Or even look at other people's posts? That is the idea behind this whole FORUM concept...
The frames a 98, its HAS got a euro BB and Horiz DO's, and the paint was done at a local auto shop, it was originally white when Campbell owned it.
Thanks anyway man, it is a nice ride... And it will be left SS till I get a guide.