Frame: 1998 MTB BB Horiz dropouts
Fork: 1997 Z.1 BAM
Cranks: Construction box shaped 3-pce
Wheels: 24" MT-28's, Formula hubs
Brake F: XT Hydro
Brake R: Hayes HMX-1
Chainring: Snafu 36T
Pedals: Fishbones

Only a couple of things to be done to finnish it off now... the XT calliper mount holes don't line up with the fork mounts, which has me stumped as to how the hell Im gonna get them to work. The forks are quite soft and bottem on my DJ's lip and any mid-sized hit. And I'll leave it SS till I get myself some sort of chainguide.
Big up to Campbell (trxwpn) for hookin me up with a sweet as deal I couldnt resist. Thanks mate! :D

CHEWY

Eats Squid
01_250, I was.. but then I decided I needed a larger frame. And this will end up being a hell of a lot cheaper.

nhd, I wanted a more all-around frame, and didn't really like the aluminium feel. And I got this so cheap it would have been stupid to pass up.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
thanks Gus, the Z.1's rule! kick the shit through my DJIII's and the oil hasnt been changed in years! lol, can't wait to see what they're like with some fresh oil and a clean out...

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
mad Z1s with dual disk mount !! chewy you NEED to get dual front disk man !!

that would make it fully oldskool !!

when can i ride it?

Rik

logged out
Just thinking about it, those disc mounts aren't IS, no wonder the XT's won't bolt straight on to them.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Haha, I kinda figured that out for myself... :(
Anyone have any ideas? I think it might not be possile without a bigger rotor. :evil:

trxwpn

Squid
DMR

Look'n good CHEWY, I'm stoked that someone's riding it again. I just couldn't find the time to ride a DH bike and a hardtail. :(
I'll post a pic of what it use to look like so everyone can flip out at how good it looks now!!! :p Have fun on the bike man. DMR's rule the hardtail scene, nice bikes to ride!! :wink:

This pic was taken about 3 years ago from memory.

JimmyJ

Likes Dirt
I think your forks are a 98 model. Cause in 97 they only had Z1, Z2, and Z3's. The Z1 Bam was introduced in 1998. Im pretty sure of this...

Looks like a very nice bike though!

trxwpn

Squid
Z1's

The forks are 1997 Model Z1's with the alloy steerer and stanchion option.
98's had everything machined out to make them lighter because everyone complained at how heavy the original Z1's were! :lol: what a joke!

wombat

Lives in a hole
They retail for $545, but you won't get one like chewy's anymore.

Nice rig, but watch your foot on the front wheel, the damn things are too short...

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very nice looking bike you got there CHEWY!

I've got a video of a trafalga stack on the step-down, I don't know if you've seen it, but the bike the dude stacks on looks extremely similar to yours... Is it the same bike maybe?

JimmyJ

Likes Dirt
Re: Z1's

trxwpn said:
The forks are 1997 Model Z1's with the alloy steerer and stanchion option.
98's had everything machined out to make them lighter because everyone complained at how heavy the original Z1's were! :lol: what a joke!
yeah there ya go. I thought they might have been just regular 97 z1s cause they were plain orange. The 98 Z1 BAMs were orange and silver I think...

CHEWY

Eats Squid
_q_ said:
chewy: what did u do with the 125?
Sold it.

I've been out riding your Bells beach track all weekend Campbell, Its pretty sick. Me and my mate randomly stumbled across it while riding some other trails. Its the one that ends by the dam isnt it? with the double thing near the end? Pretty fun track, plus theres about 10 other awesome walking/DH tracks around the same area. Had a blast and put the DMR through its paces, SS! and we had to ride 10k to get there :lol:
Have to go out there again soon, My mate lives just outside of Bel Brae so its about a 15 minute ride to get there. :D

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wombat said:
is that frame only ,how much do reckon i could pick one up for second hand with sc forks

CHEWY

Eats Squid
miket14 said:
wombat said:
is that frame only ,how much do reckon i could pick one up for second hand with sc forks
How ever much someone's selling one for. yeeesh, dont hi-jack my thread!

Anyway, after a solid weekend of DH use and a few days DJing I can safely say this rig rules! Even running a V-brake on the front with a 26" I still had a blast. The forks came up even better after a serivicing and a higher oil hight, and the small diameter tubes of the rear triangle did a great job of smoothing out the rough stuff compared to my old aluminium job.
Just need to make an adapter for the XT hydro, put the gears back on, buy a chainguide and get a new bar/stem combo and it'll be finnished :D