My new Hair Rig Of a beast of a bike.

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Nice upgrade, how heavy is it compared to the stinky?

Changing that tank of a chainguide to something lighter?
yeah hopefully an LG1! It's exactly 700g more heavy, i dont notice it, the rear end on the yeti is alot more 'alive' compared to the stinky. expecting it to just eat up the forest at illinbah!

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
jeeeeze whats the head angle on that beast!? :eek:

Looks reeally slack...
I think 65 degrees, possibly 64.5 or 64. It doesnt feel too slack when you ride it though, it does feel super low though, the whole bike feels very stretched out and low, like race style.

indica

Serial flasher
So what does everyone with experience and brains think of the lawwil suspension design?

I'm intrigued
I had a Schwinn 4-Banger that was four inches of Lawwill. The plushest suspension design I have ridden, the 4 inches seemed endless, near vertical wheel travel, joy to ride ... I'd love a Rotec.

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
I had a Schwinn 4-Banger that was four inches of Lawwill. The plushest suspension design I have ridden, the 4 inches seemed endless, near vertical wheel travel, joy to ride ... I'd love a Rotec.
I agree, first impressions are insane pedalling and endless travel.. The thing bobs less than 1 cm.

Lorday

Eats Squid
Apart from saving 2kg's on a lighter bashie/chainguide what are some other plans to save weight? The XT are light, wheelset is lighter than most and The fork are responsible.
Nice bike, fresh lick of panit will make it sick and some gussets from grip would make it PERFECT

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Apart from saving 2kg's on a lighter bashie/chainguide what are some other plans to save weight? The XT are light, wheelset is lighter than most and The fork are responsible.
Nice bike, fresh lick of panit will make it sick and some gussets from grip would make it PERFECT
Tubeless, Totems or races... Cranks, Sunline V1 Bars, 2.35 tyre, New pedals and new seat+seat post.

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Racing National round? Now you gotta get some results to back it up....
Hahaha just playin man see you and that guy from Tc's there if you're racing. Wooo under 19's *death*

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Racing National round? Now you gotta get some results to back it up....
Hahaha just playin man see you and that guy from Tc's there if you're racing. Wooo under 19's *death*
Hey angus, oh shit if im '92 does that mean im U19's for Nats?
Oh Sweet jesus, kill me.

J

JaRedy

oh shit if im '92 does that mean im U19's for Nats?
What does that mean? i'm 17 next year so why would we be under 19's dude.

under 19's death for me next year eek!!!
Will need a bikecycle upgrade before then.

Bloody mayo took the bext deal ever just before me.

I'm thinking about sandbagging sport.
Yeah...right.

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh cause under 17's in MTB means litterally UNDER 17 so us 1992 kids have to race under 19 at Illinbah as it is part of the 2008/9 season and we will be 17 next year.

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Angus, you've seen me, i got like 23rd overall this season, if i do sport is that technically sandbagging? Or am i still shit enough to do it?

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Umm haha I dunno aye don't think you'll be alone probably will race sport for just this race being a national and 19s for sunshine series, or maybe expert depending on what Ben told me.

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Umm haha I dunno aye don't think you'll be alone probably will race sport for just this race being a national and 19s for sunshine series, or maybe expert depending on what Ben told me.
Im not going expert, that seems worse. Im thinking sport, just to round off the year on a good note, hopefully top 10 or something, and then 19's next season.