my new ramp

fastrider gus

super huck
well i've been slowly designing and planning it all year and its taken a few months to make.. the frame is made of 30x30x1.5mm steel angle and i used 40x3mm steel flat for the rails on the side that the ply-wood is fastened to.
as S. said, i need to reinforce it a little because its a little more flexy than i predicted, but ill do that when i get it home. i MIG welded the lot.

the curve on it has a radius of about 7m i think. my dad designed part of it at fords..

the whole thing cost under $200 i think.

thanks for the feedback guys!

_J_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fastrider gus said:
i've just finished making this in metalwork at school.. i've gotta paint it a little more but basically its finished. its a 2 peice ramp, so you can take off the smaller section and fit it in the rear of a wagon and take it into town or something and hit up some stair gaps or rail gaps. or take it appart and set it all up at the river and try some flips.
Riiiiiiiight!!!

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice as
now just set some whack goals for how big ya wanna go!!! thing is ya need a big hill(or moto!!)for those bangers, because at a mates place we were hitting his moto ramp but we had it on only a gap like 1m because it took sooo much speed from ya (ground was bitchin slow so we were too tho!!) and yeah J \/ \/ \/ \/ i didn't pic that up..... STAIRGAPS

good to see ya takin ya limits EVEN further. slow down so we can catch up.
A+

crozza

Likes Dirt
one of the geelong boys has a bit of land so we are thinking of making a huge fuck off tranny and get towed in to the kicker to get huge gaps happening

ridemotocross

Likes Dirt
cam-o said:
If you don't get an 'A' for metalwork then your teacher's a dick!
true that!!!

that is a very nice piece or work mate, i wish our tightassed teachers would let us build something like that

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
fastrider gus said:
i've just finished making this in metalwork at school.. i've gotta paint it a little more but basically its finished. its a 2 peice ramp, so you can take off the smaller section and fit it in the rear of a wagon and take it into town or something and hit up some stair gaps or rail gaps. or take it appart and set it all up at the river and try some flips.

i will have pictures when we have it all set up with a dirt landing at my mates place..
whacha think?
The ramp looks great........ I want to see trix into the river!!!!

TIMOH

Banned
timmy2004 said:
Looks awesome!! How long did it take you make?
fastrider gus said:
well i've been slowly designing and planning it all year and its taken a few months to make.. the frame is made of 30x30x1.5mm steel angle and i used 40x3mm steel flat for the rails on the side that the ply-wood is fastened to.
as S. said, i need to reinforce it a little because its a little more flexy than i predicted, but ill do that when i get it home. i MIG welded the lot.

the curve on it has a radius of about 7m i think. my dad designed part of it at fords..

the whole thing cost under $200 i think.

thanks for the feedback guys!
You got any pictures of you jumping it yet :D?[/quote]

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice ramp Gus !!

I agree that it's probably gonna need atleast 1 diagonal brace at the front......

But more importantly.....it's been a month Gus....where are the pics or you hitting it ?? :wink:

fastrider gus

super huck
yes, yes i know, no pics of me hitting it yet.. good reason for that though! i havent hit it yet. its still in the metal work room at school. once i get it to my mates place and we make an enormous landing for it then ill have plenty of pics...

peace out & cheers for the good words.