My new schmick Giant!

scottie2069

Likes Dirt
Just got this today, decked out with the best gear, and is sick. What do you think?

And heres the spec list

Frame: 04 Giant Dh Comp with manitou swinger 6 way
Forks: 04 Manitou X works Dorados
Headset: FSA pig Pro DH
Bars: Easton EA70
Grips: ODI
Brakes: Shimano XT
Seat: WTB
Seatpost: Easton
Rear wheel: currently a ringle with single track rim (going to be a hadley hub with Maviv EX 823 rims)
Front wheel: currently a ringle with single track rim (going to be a hadley hub with Maviv EX 823 rims)
Cranks: Truvativ hulzfellers
Shifter: SRAM X.9
Derailer: SRAM X.9
Chain: SRAM
Cluster: SRAM
Chain Guide: Giant

Scott

parallax

Likes Dirt
Good luck riding w/out pedals!! :lol:

Damn nice ride, however I still like the burly lookedness of your GT...

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
nice and custom. how much that set u back since there are alot of non stock parts. looks sick. and get specs now

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
*t00t* *t00t*
nice man, i love the forks on it, awesome spec by the looks of it :p

(awaits rik to say it needs tassles...... :roll: )

Jordy

RYD4LF
why did you get the mrd's ? I thought amiel got the upgrade kit so he was gunna keep them ?

intense jonoooo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that is well sick! nice ride!!! the 3rd picture looks funny! with the stantion dudy's or wateva :oops: being bigger than the headtube :p but man that is one farking nice ride!! be smooooooooooooooth as!

The Zigster

Likes Dirt
Mmmm sweet... I rode one of those very breifly in france also with dorados and it was scrummy

What sort of chainguide is that? Why is there a gap in the cirumference of the outer plate? I would have though that the gap should be where the crank is so the chainring is protected.

MUNGUS

Pro Rider
what r u talkling bout mate?? thats just the stock giant guide, the outer plate is not connected to the chain ring, its stays where it is.

Gripo

Eats Squid
yeah well

Like a lot of things that divide us..................
Not fussed on'em myself.....the've always looked to close to a modded road/xc type bicycle to me, unexciting............

Anyways hope you enjoy it, as it still takes some balls to drop a load of cash on - as people say - "just a bicycle".
Good onya :)

mtbmx

Likes Dirt
im loving the stealth look to it, the dh comps colour goes mad with the mrds sick bike dude im sooo jealous

The Zigster

Likes Dirt
MUNGUS said:
what r u talkling bout mate?? thats just the stock giant guide, the outer plate is not connected to the chain ring, its stays where it is.
Thats alright then. I am not familiar with those chain devices. You have my permission to keep it that way.

whoaaa you could do huge drops on that, 200 big ones of travel
personally i would have gone a for a stab primo or demo 9 with monster t's as a bit more of a light weight race bike.

Jordy

RYD4LF
pickle henry said:
whoaaa you could do huge drops on that, 200 big ones of travel
personally i would have gone a for a stab primo or demo 9 with monster t's as a bit more of a light weight race bike.
personally I think you should shut the fuck up, its getting old

Toxic

Likes Dirt
gromet said:
nice scott. when did u get it?? was'nt at lithgow?

sold ya GT finally did you?
He was riding the GT with a For Sale sign on it. At least i guess it was the same bike and person. The sign was still on it as I passed it in the back of a ute near Katoomba on the way home.