my new toy wildcard

ezrider

Likes Bikes
i cant ride her yet,only just out of hospital(hit a tree at speed and broke the tranverse process bones clean off my spine)10/12 weeks off my bikes......

Frame - Banshee wildcard
Rear shock - Fox DHX air
Front shock/fork - Marzocchi 66 ATA RC2 180-140
Handlebars -azonic checker wrap
Stem - deity
Headset - Chris King Devolution 1.5 to 1 1/8 - Black
Grips -
Saddle - sella xc
Seatpost - banshee
Front brake -203 avid juicy 7
Rear brake - 203 avid juicy 7
Cranks - raceface dh
Chainguide -
Chain -
Pedals -
Front derailleur - xt
Rear derailleur - x9
Front shifter - x9
Rear shifter - x9
Cassette - SRAM PG990
Front hub - Chris King 20mm - Red
Rear hub - Chris King 135mm X 10mm - Red - Heavy Duty
Front rim - FUNN Descender - white 32 hole
Rear rim - FUNN Descender - white 32 hole
Spokes - dt swiss
Nipples - dt swiss
Tyres - kenda nevgals
Tubes -Maxxis Downhill
Total weight -

Attachments

Last edited:

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's sooo sweet, very good colour scheme going as well, a marzocchi roco air shock would go well with the colour scheme but it won't add to the performance to much :D

shame about the crash, if you feel that you need someone to look after your bike at all PM me :p :rolleyes: jks

ezrider

Likes Bikes
we ride at nerang alot so id rather ride up to come down (pushing sucks) so im running a 24/36 chainrings with dualring guide.i have a yeti575 for trailriding this will be my freeride,jump and lite to med downhill bike.
ck hubs on funn descender rims to keep it rolling for dh.

shiznik

Banned
Thats rad, but you need to man up and ditch the dual ring, an Lg1 or G2 would top it off.
Still a sick bike, whats the travel on that frame?

ezrider

Likes Bikes
wildcard has to travel settings 5 or 6.5
i would never get up the hill without a grannyring and i hate pushing so im "manning up" by riding back up.we do most of our riding at night with lights.

Dan76

Likes Dirt
Its a wild Ride

:DNice Ride bro its a great colour scheme and you've fitted it out with good specs. Nerangs one of my old trails that and the old Mudgeeraba quarry. Riding at night with lights hey. You're a keener man than me. Get well soon bro so you can go out and thrash that ride.:D

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Beautiful build, but maybe you should get a 1.5" steertube in place of the bulky Devolution headset. But still, great ride, I hope I am able to get a Wildcard frame going soon-ish, love 'em.

Thats rad, but you need to man up and ditch the dual ring, an Lg1 or G2 would top it off.
Pfft, not even :p. A MRP Mini G is what you want ezrider.

greenblinker104

Cannon Fodder
ive never ridden a fr bike with an air shock - more of a coil guy. put the ti spring on their to keep the weight down and so far i love the shock (no more manitou spv valving). feels great and i havent bottomed on it and its decently pedal friendly (little to no bob) so i like it

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is a beautiful looking bike - bet it rides superbly, too.
You're the second guy I know on Farkin who's had spinal injuries from hitting a tree at speed... take care, guys! And get well soon!

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks amazing. The colour scheme looks great, the red and white and the spec is awesome. Such a shame you can't ride it for a while, I guess you have something to look forward too.

What are you mainly going to use your wildcard for? Because if you are using it more for 4X and slope style (if you can find any trails) then I would definatley be ditching the front mech and get a LG-1 or G2 as other people have stated.

Yet with or without it looks amazing, shame BOTM doesn't run anymore, this would be a contender.

EDIT: Discard what I said about ditching the front mech, you obviously need it. :eek:

Last edited:

ezrider

Likes Bikes
thanks for the props guys but the real props should go to darren at brisbane boutique bikes , thanks mate for the quality build up and time you spent getting this project sorted.(my spine is unhappy)

Attachments

Last edited: