My Pedly!

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Geezus Scott! :shock: Could we have the Tomac a bit heavier duty, please? Wotta beast!

Are those Race Face Turbines on the Tomac?

And that KHS... are one of those cranks going on there? If so... which set?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Techno Destructo said:
Geezus Scott! :shock: Could we have the Tomac a bit heavier duty, please? Wotta beast!

Are those Race Face Turbines on the Tomac?

And that KHS... are one of those cranks going on there? If so... which set?
the tomac is actually pretty good for weight... it would be no heaver than jared's ex 222.

the cranks on the khs are bent... what ever pair i can get on there will suffice (leaning towards the raceface's)..

i dont use the khs much... good for jump testing and a bash around the local bmx track.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Pana said:
the tomac is actually pretty good for weight... it would be no heaver than jared's ex 222.
:lol: Bad choice of words on my part... "beast" and "heavy duty" do make for a concept of weight, don't they.

Scott, I wasn't even thinking about weight when I typed that... so I hope I didn't offend ya. I'm sure I didn't, but just in case...

But then again... with people proudly proclaiming that their hardtails are over 45 lbs, does weight even mean much any more in this arena?

In any case, the Tomac is deadly! (In a good sense) :wink:

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
lol, not offended in the slightest. as for its heavy dutyness :)

i've only been able to bend a brake leaver so far.

rich

Squid
like the tomac :twisted:

what year is it? 2000, 2001?

looks pretty beefy :wink:

what are those brakes you are running with the weird rotors :?:

belly_up

Likes Dirt
They're Grimeca disc's, and if anyone has a spare bleed nipple for them lying around, please send it Pana's way so we can make his brakes actually work : )

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
the front rotor is a hayes.. the rear is a 6in grimeca (both calipers are grimeca)

2000 model (tomac).

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Sorry to hijack the thread but I couldn't help noticing the Shuttle PC box in the background... How do you find it?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
shuttle is really good... i highly recommend it... more features than you can poke a stick at, very light and plays games pretty good too.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Damn nice rig you got there Pana. Is that front brake 6" ? Do you find it's powerful enough on steep/fast courses ??

belly_up

Likes Dirt
Believe me, the rotor is not the limiting factor in Pana's braking at the moment :D The liters of air in the brake line have a much more negative effect on the whole breaking equation :p
But i'm pretty sure it's an 8in rotor.