My Plan

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey this is my plan to get a new bike. At the moment I have have a 2007 Diamondback XTS Moto. I am going to sell it for about $1700 dollars. I will then save money until my Birthday which is in May the 6th, If all goes right I will have about $1300 + $1700 from my bike = $3000.00. I will then buy a 2008 Kona Cowan for $1700 and a 2008 Yeti DJ frame which is $1300. I will swap the parts from the Cowan to the Yeti and then Sell the brand new Kona Cowan Frame. I will then have my dream dirt jumping/ 4x bike. If any one has any suggestions of a bike to buy instead of the 2008 Kona Cowan for $1700 or less which has a good spec please let me know.
thanks
Adam

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it would be more expensive to custom build to get parts like dj 2's and I will easily sell the cowan frame i reckon. And it seems like allot of mucking around but i have 3 months to kill before m birthday so it will be a little project.
you will see when I post it under post your ride. I look forward to it

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I think that idea sucks. It probly wont work out and instead of getting a cowan as a donor bike get a STP0 or pro. much better spec.

And if you wont a Dj/Street orientated bike dont get a yeti then.

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I think that idea sucks. It probly wont work out and instead of getting a cowan as a donor bike get a STP0 or pro. much better spec.

And if you wont a Dj/Street orientated bike dont get a yeti then.
Who said i was looking for a street bike and the yeti dj is designed for dirt jumping hense the name yeti DJ. I also asked if anyone new a bike which was $1700 or less and you mentioned the pro which is closer to $3000.

Bomb446

Likes Dirt
Im going to agree with revell on this, buying the stp 0(only because it's cheaper than the pro) and changing the frame later on is a much better idea. Find me one thing on the kona better than the stp0.

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
brakes. But I do get your point. Another reason for the Cowan is I am going to buy all of it off our local dealer and hopefully should get it a bit cheaper because I am spending $3000.

matty hall

Likes Dirt
haha. dude. i love that idea. sounds fun looking forward to seeing the finished product. i dont really know the specs on the cowan but if you lik eit. just di it. after all the best bike is what you like and feel good on.

kevp_93

Likes Bikes
YYEEWWWW!!
That's a mighty fine plan.
Trickiest bit will be the saving of the money and the selling of the cowan frame I reckon. I had to lower my standards on a few of my buys in the past because of lack of funds which i thought I had.
Good luck with the whole project.

shred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
to me seems like a stupid idea, if you want to get everything cheaper buy off the net. you can get pikes around the 600 mark when i priced them in a store it was something like 1000. you just gotta spend you money smart. but if you end up with 3 grand, you could build a sick bike with that off the net!

mossmanguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh I rang the dealer up today and for close to 3000 I am going to get a yeti dj frame and a yeti dj build kit. My other choice he offered me was a kona bass. prety hard choice.