My Pumptrack

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After 3 months of hard labour, I have finally finished what I almost felt like giving up on many times. I think I've spent about 150 hours on it and now that it's done I'm very stoked.

This is situated in our smaller yard on one side of our house, which made it easier to get approval from the minister of war and finance. The lawn was so weed infested that I took my wife for a stroll throuhg it in April and said we should tear it up and build a pumptrack. She said "hmmm, maybe that's not such a bad idea." It would have been silly to risk having further discussions about the matter, so the next day I had 12 yards of dirt delivered.

I was a bit concerned about neighbourhood approval (not that it would change the outcome). I need not have worried. The guy across the street asked what I was up to and promptly drove an excavator over to strip the lawn/weeds off the top, putting me a week ahead on day one. A week later the bloke next door came over and said "dude, are you building jumps in your yard?" I said "kinda, it's a pumptrack." He said fkn eh, you're the best neighbour ever and gave me a high five. So I guess there's no problem at all with the neighbours.

It looked like a disaster zone for the better part of the next 3 months and peering passer bys looked doubtful. But I had a visit from the lady down the road today and she gave it the thumbs up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REmlsvWKpDc

Attachments

Last edited:

chris95

Likes Dirt
dude that it the best looking thing is have ever seen to do with mtb, looks so nice and smooth,

JIZZ

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not gonna say pretty, but it's certainly the most likely pump track I've seen to get wife approval. :p
Also a great example of what you can do in a limited space, what's the measurements?

stixmtb

Squid
wow this is amazing, so neat and tidy. would love to see a vid of it to see how smooth it really is. It looks like you have a great choice of lines as well. great work ;)

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this is why canada is awsome, awsome mountains to ride in the background and a "pretty" pump track (it is pretty) and screw being your neighbour i wanna be you!

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
that is soo nice I wish I had that in my backyard plus you have got it going with the trees and bushes in the middle to make it nicer

Kram

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is super smooth Kram.

Looks beautiful, bet it rides shit. :)
I'll try and get some video of Toodles gaying it up tomorrow.
It's not easy to nail it right away. Seen some good riders crash hard actually, but once you get it dialled you can pull some serious g's.

Someone asked how big the space was. It's 22m long and 4m wide at the narrow part and 8m at the wider part.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Even though you think it's pretty. I'll get some video at some point soon.

DALE09

Likes Bikes
HOLY SHIT!!!
im so coming from aus to ride that beast. it's a sexy pump track you should be fuckin proud man i'd love to be even in the same street as you!!!!