My Santa Cruz Blur LT 2, Now With upgrade, (NEW PICS)

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
Finally received my new SC Blur LT about a week ago.

Haven't had a chance to ride any serious trails on it yet but i did hit some single track a couple of days ago and I'm definitely impressed!

In its current guise specs are: (see lower posts for latest upgrades)

Medium Blur LT alloy frame in black powdercoat
Fox RP23 Shock
Fox32 FIT RC2 150mm Talas fork
Tru\/ati\/ stylo Cranks 22/32/44
tru\/ati\/ stylo Team 680mm bars
tru\/ati\/ Husselfelt 40mm no rise stem (came with a stylo but it was toooooo long)
XT long cage rear mech
SLX front mech
SLX shifters
Deore Cassette
A\/id Elixir CR brakes 185/160
Easton EA50 10mm layback seat post
WTB Pure \/ Race saddle
Cane Creek Headset
Ma\/ic XM 321 Rims laced to XT hubs front (15mm) and rear with 14 guage DT spokes
Kenda Ne\/egals 2.35
ODI Rogue grips
Wellgo Wam D10 SP2 Pedals

On the to do list:
E Thirteen Turbo bash guard (white)
Lizard Skin Peaty Grips (white)
34 T Black spire middle ring
Fizik Gobi saddle (white)
Deity Flats (Black + White)
Thompson Elite Seatpost

Last edited:

Hugor

Likes Dirt
They are a great bike. Excellent all-rounder - good for racing and playing. Yours looks nice.
I would consider getting a remote adjustable seatpost. Would go well with the TALAS fork for when the track points straight down.
Lots of people are excited about the new Santa Cruz carbon versions of these bikes.
Personally I would get an alloy one like yours.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dude thats mad, definately better than the carbon variant. while your compromising with rigidity and weight your back pocket will thank you if you ever had a bad crash. I've had some bad experiences with carbon..
enjoy her mate! :)

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
yeah sorry about the \/'s my \/ key stopped working on my laptop so i ha\/e to use \ / :(

thanks for the kind comments. I ha\/e ordered the parts on my to do list as of today :)

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dude thats mad, definately better than the carbon variant. while your compromising with rigidity and weight your back pocket will thank you if you ever had a bad crash. I've had some bad experiences with carbon..
enjoy her mate! :)
Well there is a thread where a guy is asking about broken carbon SC's over on MTBR.
There is 3 responses to that thread.
2 are saying they would also be interested to know as they have not been able to find any reports.
The last one indicates that there are 2 that they have heard of.
That is absolutely nothing in the scheme of things and certainly nothing compared to the number of aluminium failures I have seen from some well known companies.
The new Tallboy is carbon and I have seen footage of one of their pro riders riding it hard.
The new Nomad will also be carbon.

Anthiron

Nice looking bike.
How tall are you??
Looks like you have a lot of seatpost showing but maybe it is the angle.

Damienp

Likes Dirt
Add to that some of the slopestyle riders have been using Alu/ Carbon hybrids for the last year with great results. If anyone was going to punish a frame like that it would be those guys. Most mere mortals would be lucky to have issues with one of these new generation carbon frames.

So much has been learnt since its introduction to the bicycle world with some of the worlds best engineers working with the companies to design custom layups that reinforce areas that make frames so much stiffer and stronger than their ALU counterparts. This is also why you also don't see massive weight drops when comparing the ALU - Carbon. Sure 1 lb is a fair weight drop but I am sure a comparable carbon frame from yesteryear is a shed load lighter than its equivalent today.

The debate is really a moot point. Get the one you want and let the naysayers nay say.

Oh yeah... I forgot. Nice ride!! :)

Last edited:

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
I'm not that tall. Just had the seatpost at a random height and the seat at an odd angle. It's Much lower now. 5' 9"

I a) couldn't really afford the BLT2c
b) wasn't fussed on the fact that the rear drop outs are not reinforced in any way. I dri\/e a \/olkswagen Beetle and regularly find myself remo\/ing both the front and rear wheel to fit the bike in my car, I can't imagine a carbon dropout handling this well.

brindog

Likes Dirt
Very nice bike man !! Congrats
There's one of these at my LBS, but its the carbon frame kitted with XTR.
Sooo nice...
Saving for one at the moment to replace my Trek Fuel.

Last edited:

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
New upgrades

So i have removed the 44t chainring and replaced the 32t with a 34t Black Spire Nuvi ring
added an E thirteen turbo bashguard (white)
fitted my new Deity Flats
fitted new Lizard Skin Peaty lock ons white with blue and red lock rings to match the Fox dials and the Elixir cr brakes.
New Fizik Gobi XM saddle

I am loving this bike, went for a big ride today in parklands, this thing eats obstacles and climbs like my hard tail never could!