4X My stp

flyracing

Likes Dirt
Got some Sram gear for 4X. running my old holyroller on the back at the moment because most my riding is to school and the holys are alot nicer on the road, for dirt I'll chuck the block 8 back on.
Also some tips were I could shave a bit of weight looking at forks.

Frame - 07 STP1 14.5
Front shock/fork - 07 marzochi DJ3 with yellow 09 stickers
Handlebars - Raceface Evolve DH
Stem - Raceface Evolve DH
Headset - Cane Creek aheadset
Grips - ODI lock ons
Saddle - Fit ECCD
Seatpost - Easton EA30= shit Want a Thomson Elite or similar
Front brake - gayes 9
Rear brake - gayes 9
Cranks - Husselfelts
Chainguide - E13 SRS getting a E13 bashy PM me if you've got one
Chain - Shimano HG
Pedals - Wellgo MG1
Rear derailleur - Sram X9
Rear shifter - Sram X7
Cassette - Shimano something
Front hub - formula 20
Rear hub - shitmano Deore
Front rim - Rhyno lite 36H
Rear rim - Rhyno lite 36H
Spokes - dunno
Nipples - dunno
Tyres - Block8 and holyroller
Tubes - standard
Total weight - 15kg :mad:

Constructive criticism would be great.

Last edited:
H

>Henry

I've always hated the colour scheme of the '07 STP1's IMO the 2's looked way better, But besides that it looks pretty good. I'd get a new stem, brake and seat post too after Christmas if I were you

flyracing

Likes Dirt
Have you done anything beside make it single speed and take off the front brake?
yer I was just thinking that haha hopefully getting a few parts for chrissy. will post updated pics when I get the new gear on.

I've always hated the colour scheme of the '07 STP1's IMO the 2's looked way better, But besides that it looks pretty good. I'd get a new stem, brake and seat post too after Christmas if I were you
Yer i'm getting a new stem for my downhill bike so ill be putting an raceface evolve DH stem on should look better than xcish one. I don't mind the hayes nine works well enough. and I'm thinking about getting a BMX seatpost and shim so i can slam the seat fully.

Cheers for the comments

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
By far the pimpest STP i've ever seen... Single Speed and One brake... That's crazy Custom!

But seriously mate, nice bike.
Hope you have a blast on it.
Will.

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon it looks good man. Looks just like mine besides silver MTX's. Have you got anymore upgrades planned?

flyracing

Likes Dirt
dude just get another bike
You wanna buy me one.

Thanks for the replies, i got some Block 8's and took the stickers off the forks because they were badly scratched and put some yelllow 09 DJ3 ones on. looks and rides sweet. all I need to do now is put a halflink on the chain to get it a bit tighter.

Igofastdh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A very nice, clean looking STP, i would like one like that. as for improvements, Just take a couple links outta the chain to tention it. Ohh and Chain Tensioner = FAIL (in the way of looks and clean lines), and get a normal facing tilt seatpost. Very nice tho

flyracing

Likes Dirt
A very nice, clean looking STP, i would like one like that. as for improvements, Just take a couple links outta the chain to tention it. Ohh and Chain Tensioner = FAIL (in the way of looks and clean lines), and get a normal facing tilt seatpost. Very nice tho
Yer thats as tight as i can get the chain i cant fit a half link on otherwise it would be too short, I'm getting a 15t cog might be able to get it to fit then.

Yer I would like a new seatpost maybe a BMX but this one does the job fine just looks a bit funny.

cretin...rider

Likes Dirt
Nice stp, i have one to but a bit more upgraded. There great bikes if your smooth and don't do stupid stuff (huck) :p

Also does anyone know of a pivital seat post that will fit on of these frames? sorry ot hijack the thread