My Track (Update: Northshore drop, pictures)

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
Hey,

I've been building this track for about 18 months or so now, on and off.

I'll put up some more photos of berms and jumps and other things once they're built.

Comments and criticism (constructive) welcome.

Run in

First corner

Double

Second corner

After second corner

Third corner

After third corner

Fourth corner

After fourth corner

Fifth corner

After sixth corner

Seventh corner

After seventh corner

Eighth corner

After eighth corner

Bottom jump.

End of track

Last edited:

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
Nice track mate. how steep is it?
Not particularly steep, it's a pretty gentle hill. Steepest part would be 1 in about 7 or 8 i would guess, so pretty flat. The trail doesn't go straight down either, to get the most length in without any uphill.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Looks pedaly but fun. Fourth corner burm doesn't look like you'd use it. looks smooth, plant some rocks.

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
nice track, did you cut some of those trees down?
Nothing too big, maybe the biggest would have been about 3 inch diameter, less than 15 feet tall. It's my land though, and my dad said i could cut down what I like as long as its necessary. We burn the wood in the house anyway so its cool. But I definately wouldnt cut down any big trees, I just use deadwood as much as i can. I did have to get rid of heaps of scrub and bushes though, particularly in the bottom section. That leaning over white tree in the first pic fell over a couple of days ago, across the track, so I had to cut that up.

Looks pedaly but fun. Fourth corner burm doesn't look like you'd use it. looks smooth, plant some rocks.
Yeah there's that tree sticking in the way, I might cut it down....

I'm thinking of making a rock garden in a more open part of the track, but there's no rocks in the ground that are big enough. Any tips?

hey
where r these jumps
They're at my house, outside Canberra.

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks fair pedally. And tight in spots.
But looks like a fun trail.
Deffinetly has some sweet patential. perfect training ground.

Keep it up man...:)

921812.yr10

Likes Dirt
you should dig the berm on the forth corner into the ground, makes it stronger and gives you more dirt to work with. Thats what I've done on mine.

kallman

Squid
nice track mate
seems like a pretty fun ride
will you be building any bigger jumps or just stay with the speed jumps?

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
nice track mate
seems like a pretty fun ride
will you be building any bigger jumps or just stay with the speed jumps?
The trees are all pretty tight for most of the track, but if i do build any more jumps they will definatley have a bit more kick on them than the two that are there at the moment. I also have a plan for some northshore to get over the wire fence between the 8th and 9th corners...

you should dig the berm on the forth corner into the ground, makes it stronger and gives you more dirt to work with. Thats what I've done on mine.
I'll see what it's like once i've cut the tree down, but that sounds like a pretty good idea. The only problem would be that it is on a downhill, so water may pool inside the berm/erode the berm itself, if it't not done properly. Also the soil is terrible, but I'll give it a go, see how it works out.

ok kool
they looked like a different place in canberra
Where in Canberra did you think they were? Do you live in the ACT?

Ok, the lower part of the track wasnt much fun to ride and was a bit of an erosion problem, so I've rerouted it. Today I built the first of (at least) three berms on the new route. As it stands at the moment, this is the 11th corner on the track. Here's some pics...

First layer of rocks

Drainage pipe

Dirt comes mainly from inside the berm

Water outlet

Imported rocks

Finished product

Drainage

I haven't ridden it yet, waiting for it to rain to pack down nice and firm.

Tazed

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keep an off camber corner or two, just to test yourself.
And I'd be looking at cutting some criss-cross lines so you cna switch around tress and pic a route on the fly.
Just an idea, but could be fun, and could lead into multiple lines for jumps or corners.