My Track (Update: Northshore drop, pictures)

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
Has it only just been you or other people help too?
Looks nice and flowy, good stuff
I had a bit of help with the first two berms and the two jumps, but apart from that it's all been me. I might be doing a bit more tomorrow, depending on if i can get my mate from down the road to come help.

Keep an off camber corner or two, just to test yourself.
And I'd be looking at cutting some criss-cross lines so you cna switch around tress and pic a route on the fly.
Just an idea, but could be fun, and could lead into multiple lines for jumps or corners.
At the moment only the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 11th corners are bermed, but that's mainly because I havent had time to berm the others yet. The 3rd, 5th and 8th corners will definately stay off camber, and maybe one or too lower down. I think you're right though, that off-camber corners are much more challenging, so I'll keep that in mind when deciding how many to berm - it'll also make my job a lot easier, the fewer berms i hav to dig.

The problem with the criss-cross lines is that between the 3rd and 8th corners, there's literally no other way to get down the hill, the tree's are just that tight! But after that, yeah, I might see about alternate lines, after I get one line that goes the whole way.

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
First off, thanks for all the comments and tips, they're pretty good to be getting.

I might be doing a bit more tomorrow, depending on if i can get my mate from down the road to come help.
My mate came over this morning cos he's down from Brisbane, so we went and hit the first bit of the track. Here's a photo i took from up a tree of that first section, show you how tight and flowy it is:

We were having a fun little session, check the pics:

1st jump

2nd corner:

3rd corner:

All was fine until my mate washed out the first berm and so cased the first jump with his front wheel. He went over the bars and landed on top of the second berm and generally smashed himself up good. He's got a huge bleeding indent in his thigh from a log in the berm which also ripped his jeans open, nasty grazes on his back, a cut on his arm and a sore shoulder (luckily its not broken). Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of him flying through the air over the handlebars. So after i got him some ice he went home, so that was the end of that. No building after all....

I also cut down that tree on the fourth corner, much easier to rail now:

I might do something this arvo, but I've got to study for exams. Shame.

Last edited:

dcrofty

Eats Squid
If you have any larger diameter pipe to use for your drainage I suggest you use it. That small stuff gets blocked pretty easy with a few leaves and can be a bugger to clean out.

(yes I learned the hard way).

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
Hey
the photos say they have been moved or deleted
I fixed them, sorry about that.

Do you by any chance live next to a vinyard?
My nextdoor neighbour has a few rows of vines, but no proper vineyard next door. There are a few around though, within say a k or 2.
Do you know a guy called Alex who lives in Nicholls?

If you have any larger diameter pipe to use for your drainage I suggest you use it. That small stuff gets blocked pretty easy with a few leaves and can be a bugger to clean out.

(yes I learned the hard way).
I see your point. I had intended to just poke a stick through from time to time to push all the leaves out the other end, but I'm not too sure if that will work. I will definately look into larger pipe in future berms, but I'm not sure if there' any here at the moment. There's also the question of sort of nasties will take up residence in the pipes, no matter what size they are. Would a snake be more attracted to a larger or smaller pipe to sleep in? i would say a large on half full of leaves would be ideal, but that's just a guess.

nat147mx

Squid
Hmmmmmmmmm

hey man i dont know why every1 is callin this a pritty sweet trak it has like 3 jumps come hit up qld and hit up some of the traks me and my mates have built with jumps atleast 4 times longer and duble the height down a hill. if i was you i would have alot more jumps runnin through that track a track isnt a fun track without jumps

H

>Henry

hey man i dont know why every1 is callin this a pritty sweet trak it has like 3 jumps come hit up qld and hit up some of the traks me and my mates have built with jumps atleast 4 times longer and duble the height down a hill. if i was you i would have alot more jumps runnin through that track a track isnt a fun track without jumps
Firstly, Go back to your english teacher and hit him with a wet fish for me.
Secondly, If you think your track is so good post it up on here and we'll decide.

Henry,

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
do u have triple clamps on a hard tail?????????
Yeah mate, 6"+ at the front keeps it smooth....

Gotta love haters, there's always one. I think my track's fun, regardless of how many jumps there are, and since it's only me that rides it at the moment, that's all that matters at the moment. Glad not everyone hates it.

Enough raging, here's what I've been up to these last two days....

Fourth corner, before:

Since then I've cut down the tree at the start, and followed the advice of 921812.yr10 and dug it into the ground, as you can see. Thanks also to dcrofty for his advice about the bigger diameter pipe. I managed to find the only offcut of big pipe on the property I think.

I also started beefing up the first berm with those bits of tree that were lying around, I'll post photos once I'm done.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Nice.

If you have it availale use rock in your berms and jumps. Everything will last a heap longer if you do. Using too much wood as fill means everything will collapse sooner than you might want.

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
Nice.

If you have it availale use rock in your berms and jumps. Everything will last a heap longer if you do. Using too much wood as fill means everything will collapse sooner than you might want.
The wood that I use is mainly to help the piles of dirt and rock keep their shape. The soil at my place is soooo rocky, there's an unruly amount of rock in everything. Even if termites get to the wood, I think it will keep its shape. I hope so...

removal of a native tree?
Yeah! :D Chill out with the trees guys, I own them.

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good work impressive effort especially considering doing it all yourself
The North Shore you have planned is something you definately should go ahead with

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
not bad, looks pritty fast

all you have to do now is make the jumps longer and higher

and put some north shore in

then it would be sweeeeeeeeeeettt!!!!!:D:D:D