My Track (Update: Northshore drop, pictures)

dissa

Likes Dirt
Done well with the drainage, Kept it off the fall line. Love the doubles. It must be so good to have a bit of room for the two wheel pedal basher to go. Jealous... very jealous:D

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
Ok, it's time for an update

Good news is I finished school for good on thursday, last hsc exam done, no homework, assignments, assessments, whatever. It's a good feeling, and now I have more time than ever before to work on this thing.

Since then I've started work on this north-shore type thing to get over the fence. My mum's got the camera and she's overseas at the moment so no photos, but the four main posts are sunk and the beams are starting to go up, the whole thing should be done by the end of the weekend.

Next thing will be a rework of the first berm, make it bigger and faster. That's already been started, but needs a heap more dirt.

Other projects include berms for the 6th and 10th corners, and some berm/roller combo thing to stop erosion and make the 7th corner rideable.

Bad news (bike-wise) is that at the end of december I'm leaving, not to return for 3 years. Parents are moving overseas, i'm going to adelaide (at least there's some good riding there). Even so, I'm going to keep working at it until i leave, hopefully someone who rides will rent the house.

Photos of northshore and other stuff up ASAP.

Last edited:

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its good to get the HSC over with (me too!)

My riding time has increased 60,000% !!!!

Nice and flowy just how I like it :)

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
I managed to find a camera, not as good as the other one but photos are photos I guess.

Construction on this thing was going full speed ahead (as long as the drill battery was lasting) until I ran out of nails, I'm getting some more tomorrow hopefully.

Here's the run in, looking down from just after the 8th corner, before:

And after:

What I've done so far, main section fully decked and braced, that's a bit over 4' high:

Main beams for the ramp in, starting to put the decking on the upper section:

Drop-off at the end, still haven't worked out where to put the landing, at the moment I'm guessing about as far out as the thing is high:

Looking down the track from the top:

I will post a couple more photos of the thing once its finished and I've got a landing going as well. The whole thing's a bit rough and ready, the decking flexes a bit but the posts are solid. Not exactly cabinet making, but it should do the trick.

In other news, started a bit on the rework of the first corner, needs a few more loads of dirt still:

I also marked out the line of the 6th corner, that's going to take a whole heap of dirt and logs though:

And I'm going to remove the end of this old rotten log here, make the run out from the 4th corner smoother:

slamer

Likes Dirt
with the drop over the fence it might be a good idea to make a small ramp over the fence so you dont have to walk round to go back up the track, and if you screw up on the bridge your not totaly stuffed.

A.Gent

Likes Bikes
Ladder bridge and drop are done (they have been for a while actually, but rain and social events meant I couldn't actually be bothered to go outside and take pictures. I have now, and here they are.

Dead set every single log I picked up while I was making the landing had a scorpion underneath it, so I used rocks instead...

Only thing I'm worried about is the angle of the landing, might be a little harsh on a hardtail, but I guess it can't be too bad because the drop is so small.

You dont read threads do you...

Its a paddock/ area divider on his property
Precisely. If there wasn't a fence there, I wouldn't have had to go to such ridiculous effort.

with the drop over the fence it might be a good idea to make a small ramp over the fence so you dont have to walk round to go back up the track, and if you screw up on the bridge your not totaly stuffed.
Negative on the ramp, this thing has taken up too much of my time already. I go back up a vehicle track that has a gate, and if I screw up well hard times for me. Its pretty wide though (850mm), so I'd have to struggle pretty hard to ride off the edge I think. We'll see...

Last edited:

Trenton

Likes Dirt
Can I suggest making it more technical? Otherwise that is a seriously sweet looking track. Keep up the good work!
Yes agreed. Try find some more rocks and make some rock gardens i suggest, or get the track to lead next to tree's so either it's a tight fit to get through, or make it you have to ride over root gardens or something. That north shore is great and such an amazing track!!! Would love to ride it!!!

Also if you have time, a north shore berm would top that track off!

Amazing work.

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
well done man looks great fun, has a lot of potential, keep building it up!

as for the hater, dude you don't have to ride it and you don't have to read the thread, leave this guy alone, he's sharing what i think is a sweet track with other guys that have a similar interest

anyway, keep up the good work man, and keep updating the pics

Matt

harry13

Likes Dirt
Dead set every single log I picked up while I was making the landing had a scorpion underneath it, so I used rocks instead...

its better to use rocks because the dead logs will just rot and make ur downramp/berm/upramp really weak