MY VP-Free. now with forest pics

Robb

Likes Dirt
*******Have decided on some forks - Went for some 2000 model Rockshox SIDS!*******
See page 3 for pics

Pretty much done now, just put some forks of another bike i had and the front wheel from that + brake. Need my Boxxer wc's so i can put my hadley front wheel on and hope brakes.

Was a good ride, cold but. damn canberran weather.

Well, have been purchasing parts to build up this frame over the past few months now. This is what i am planning for the build (items in italics haven't been purchased yet).

Frame: Santa Cruz VP-Free Large in white, w/5th element
Forks: Boxxer World Cups
Rims: Syncros DPS 32 in white
Hubs: Hadly 20mm Front; Hadly 150 X 12mm Rear
Shifter: XT
Rear Derailur: XTR - Rapid Rise (what i am use to, got one for a good price)
Cassette: SRAM PG990
Seat Post: Thomson
Stem: Thomson
Bars: Pro Taper
Pedals: Syncros Mental
Headset: Cane Creek
Chain:SRAM
Chain Guide: e13
Cranks/bottom bracket: Race Face Diabolous
Brakes: Hope mono M4

Cant wait till i can get out and ride it

Last edited:

MTBWANNABE

Banned
WOW. absolutely hotness.

the white looks bling as.. but i'm not sure how well it'll look with the gold (bars.) I'd be inclined to go a black/white paint scheme and then the brakes will stand out like a sore thumb :cool: :)

If your driven by colour (and i'm aware of how stupid this sounds) but 888's in white/black would be SO nice on it. But compared to Fox40's and 06 Boxxer WC air's, i know if i had the cash i probably wouldn't be going 888's.

is it going to be raced? Look hawwwwt.

Robb

Likes Dirt
hehe, yeah, not too sure about the bars as well come to think of it.. maybe if i had a CK gold head set ;)

I guess the saddle + post will be black, and the stem will also be black, so some black pro tapers may be better. Will make the gold hubs and brakes stand out a bit more...

For the forks i am not driven by colour. I guess i dont really mind going second hand for a decent pair of WC or 40's, just depends what is available at the time (the frame was bought second hand of here, so were a few other bits and peices). I would like to try and keep the build price down a little bit, allready cost a fair bit... and i wanna be able to ride it soon as well! :)

As for racing, I am not too sure. Currently kinda against it, just like to go out and have fun while riding and not get too competitive.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
mate thats gonna look sooo nice...

maybe '06 Boxxer WC (with the red decal) would look good?

cant wait to see a final build

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
I wouldnt personally put anymore gold/white into it, it has enough. Rest should be black! Sweet spec!

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks like it's going to be an awesome build! i can't wait to see some pictures of it built up.

Cam.

Robb

Likes Dirt
LTR said:
I wouldnt personally put anymore gold/white into it, it has enough. Rest should be black! Sweet spec!
Yeah. I am really undecided about what forks to get. I want todo downhill on it, so that is why i was leading toward 888, 40's or boxxers. But some nice SC forks could be an option for it as well - either Marz 66's or Fox 36.

I cant wait to see it built up either - then i can go ride it :)

scottmeister

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice cranks and XTR :p

Looks good, Some 888s would go down nicely, SC forks on those frames looks a bit funny to me...

viney

Likes Bikes
OMG! soo much white i like it. sweet bike dude get some 888's with white lowers or some wc boxxers:D

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well somebodies going to have a sweeter spec than me then :( Haha just kidding mate, looks bloody awesome, espescially with all the white. My VP free should end up the polar opposite of yours, I.e. nearly all black. They are a hot hot frame though.

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice bike and nice gear
i think some white boxxer WC would go extremely well...then you'd have the BB and Hope only in the orange (i like subtle hints of color)

to me adding another color will just be over the top...as i'd look odd IMO
keep it virgin white :)

lobstar

Likes Dirt
pure hotness, the white will look so sexy, especially with the gold, cant wait to see it finished

Robb

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the comments guys...

Thinking I may get the whtie and black 888RC2X forks. They are a fair bit cheaper new compared with world cups or 40's.

scottmeister; Thanks for the deal on them! :)
The bike has been sponsered by a few people from farkin so far :p

spam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive always dreamt of a bike like that, forks, new white 888,s black hubs, black e thriteen, saint brakes, and those white rims

Big_Al

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OMG

Get some mean black tyres
And 888RC2X white lowers yummy excellent fork;)
Black bars and stem
YUMM
Al

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great spec so far Robb !! Congrats.

I think the white looks the shizz ! Wouldnt matter if your had black or white forks on that, it'll look great.

Little unsure about the Gold Bars tho'.

Well done.