Narbethong DH Track severely damaged by MX

ades

Cannon Fodder
A couple of the lads and I got up to Narbe' the other week only to find the track has been torn to shreds by MX riders. Not only that but some massive storms have taken down huge trees (we cleared as many as we could from the road and track) and made the push up the hill to the start of the run a half hour jungle bash.

Some sections of the track are so badly damaged that they have gone from fast berms and single track to a chopped up 2m+ wide sodden mess. It seems only the top section of the track has been spared, and some of the harder earth sections (like the fast red dirt with kickers to the 90 degree right hander) but the rest has been chopped up beyond recognition.

Its a sad day. Time for a working bee?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You should really understand that the narby DH track, was a moto track loooong before we started riding on it. It sucks when it gets torn up, but we dont really get much of an option.

ades

Cannon Fodder
yeah, was aware of that. Just a general "don't waste your time going up there" as its now very bad. The worst I ever seen it. I ride MX too, but what been done is not simply riding up the track, it has been delibrately chopped up.

DunCon

Likes Dirt
thanks for the info we are going up this sunday but i am thinken we might not bother but if anyone else is going up we will be there sunday probly do some work on it

do you think we could shop the trees down with a chainsaw or are they to big for that

-toby-

Likes Dirt
Its kind of good in a way. At least now its wide so when the working bee is on, the track can be made better.

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
It does annoy me when motos wreck tracks that we put work into. It has happened to me before. When i make tracks, i put a few drops towards the start and finish so motos can ride on them.. It works ;)

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
It's a bit of a shame to hear that Narby is once again in ruin. It was great a few months ago according to some people. Narbie is one of those tracks that you will always get trouble with motorbikes, there are so many motorbike riders around there its so hard to stop them. I think even after a working bee, it just encourage's motorbike riders to come up and rip it up because it is all fresh dirt and it is still very soft. I would still be very happy to lend some of my time to help repair it to what it was.

Cheers,

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
ok, i have a book somewhere for my dirtbike, and its called 'weekend warriors' and lists and has lots of details about places to ride, i can find the book now, but im pretty sure it stated that the track was the mountain bike nationals track (from way back) and it said "keep off"

if anyone can confirm this it would be good, and we can laminate some signs, and post them at the beginins and exits of relavant sections explaining to the MX riders to please stay off.