Nasty Nurse prologue

GeorgeT

Likes Bikes
Does anyone have a feel for what the 11km Nasty Nurse prologue at the Angry Doctor is usually like?

I am thinking of encouraging my wife to do it but if it is likely to be (a) highly competitive (dodgy passing?) or (b) overly technical, then it probably isn't a good idea. I'd ride it with her but someone will have to look after the kids:D

For reference, she can comfortably ride the beginners loop at Stromlo (loop 1?) but I haven't got her onto the main hill yet.

ACNRS

Likes Dirt
i did it about 2 years ago i think, and dont think it was overly technical but was fairly steep and tended to go up and down... alot

BT180

Max Pfaff
I did it last year. It's very up and down (as is the Doctor) but it's not overly technical at all. Last year there were kids doing it with their parents so your wife will be fine.

zed42

Likes Bikes
And there's no problem with it being too competitive. Because you can start any time you want during the afternoon, there's never a large number of riders on the track at once.

72Fury

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have a course profile for this race ?. My 11yr old is keen to see what he is up for.

justinb

Likes Bikes
Does anyone have a course profile for this race ?. My 11yr old is keen to see what he is up for.
72 Fury... did you ever get a map for this route? I'm staying in Mogo over the holidays and looking for a easy track to do

cheers

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good begginers loop there isnt anything too technical in mogo its just the hills that get you. There is no nasty climbs in the proluge just a few pinches, because its more of a time trial and you start as an individual there is very little overtaking unless you catch or get caught. If she wants to avoid the traffc then just pick a later start time. Im fairly sure you can pre nominate.

72Fury

Likes Dirt
72 Fury... did you ever get a map for this route? I'm staying in Mogo over the holidays and looking for a easy track to do cheers
AROC didn't have a map but I found the following map on Garmin Connect.

http://connect.garmin.com/page/acti...y.xhtml:userSwitcher.switchSystem&cid=2004862

Select the export button to see the map.

The course is basically the first 5km of the 2nd 50km loop, a 1km linking trail and then the last 5km of the 1st 50km loop.

I rode it with my son in pretty muddy conditions so didn't really get to see it at it's best. (my son won extreme juniors so that was cool)

justinb

Likes Bikes
AROC didn't have a map but I found the following map on Garmin Connect.

http://connect.garmin.com/page/acti...y.xhtml:userSwitcher.switchSystem&cid=2004862

Select the export button to see the map.

The course is basically the first 5km of the 2nd 50km loop, a 1km linking trail and then the last 5km of the 1st 50km loop.

I rode it with my son in pretty muddy conditions so didn't really get to see it at it's best. (my son won extreme juniors so that was cool)
Thank you.. when did you ride it? how long ago? I heard from the director (emailed them) of the angry doctor last night and they felt the track was impassible ....

72Fury

Likes Dirt
Thank you.. when did you ride it? how long ago? I heard from the director (emailed them) of the angry doctor last night and they felt the track was impassible ....
We rode it during the official event late in the afternoon. Just a few hours before the storm that put an end to the Angry Doctor :(