Nathan Rennie & Tracey Hannah take Championships

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DEMONATION said:
Yeh melissa was saying that he was caught offguard by a technical problem that he had no control over and was abit disapointed. shame to mick is a mad rider!
I would have thought Mick would be fairly used to snapped chains by now...

adza said:
Who is this Fabian Pedamaund?

He finished 7th and is awfully quick for a french unknown.

Am I missing something here?
Fab is certainly not an unknown in France, but to come 7th is a massive result for him.

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
The top 5 looks like most international World Cup races! Based on the rider count, it looks like DH racing is huge in Australia right now--way bigger than in the States.

Tracey Hannah is on her way--she destroyed the women's class...

nicho

Sacré bleu!
John@Edge said:
Fab is certainly not an unknown in France, but to come 7th is a massive result for him.

fabien is very well known in france, and in thredbo for his heavy drinking and bad behviour under the influence.lol
Watch out for fabien in the next few years, he ll be on the world cup rounds and crank works etc.... Not bad for a guy a second slower from kovarik and 3 seconds away from Rennie on a bent M3 etc...

Nicho

...jim

skanky media ho
buss_driver said:
does anyone know when this is going to be on t.v or if it wil be because i didnt veen no this was happening, i thought they would be a bit late rin the year:)
As someone said, SBS Cycling Central for a *short* package on Sunday at 5.30pm - repeat next Wed at 3.30.

The full length program on both XC and DH nats will get a run in early - mid feb...the 19th is in my mind for some reason, but don't go writing that in pen just yet.

...and for the record, as I said to some U17s who asked, no - just because we pointed a camera at you doesn't mean you'll be on telly.

...jim

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I noticed in a few of the pics I've seen, there was a copper with a speed radar on the fireroad at the top. Anyone know what sort of readings he was getting? Should we be expecting speeding fines to turn up in the mail?? :p ;)

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
I heard them call some out at one stage....

I recall 67km/hr on the fire road, 57 km/hr at the finish line... but no idea who the riders were.

BTW, the kids were bickering over those figures, so could be 65 km/hr.

windshuttle99

Likes Bikes
dazz said:
I noticed in a few of the pics I've seen, there was a copper with a speed radar on the fireroad at the top. Anyone know what sort of readings he was getting? Should we be expecting speeding fines to turn up in the mail?? :p ;)
The fastes was 67 on the fireroad and 55 down the finish line

Balfa_Oli

Likes Bikes and Dirt
did tracey make a speech thanking her sponsors and stuff after coming first because at the 4X she didn't??
OLI

R33F

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wattsy said:
hahah, he got kicked out of the pub last night after trying to fight the "tree" security guard. Funny mofo
only after "apologising" to the management to get back in.

"Je suis Désolé, Baiser de." is the best translation for the apology I could find.

Top bloke, it was a pleasure having a drink and a laugh with him.

Squidly Didly said:
The chanting afterwards was fairly amusing though
are you referring to the 4 versus of "more beer" ? it was well sung !!!!

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
Balfa_Oli said:
did tracey make a speech thanking her sponsors and stuff after coming first because at the 4X she didn't??
OLI
Yes, she did. A few people commented that she normally doesn't say anything and it was the most they had heard her say on the podium.

Lovely girl and a bloody awesome rider!!!!!!!!!

BrumbyJack said:
Yes, she did. A few people commented that she normally doesn't say anything and it was the most they had heard her say on the podium.

Lovely girl and a bloody awesome rider!!!!!!!!!
hope she mentioned the big "U" ;-)

yah, it's kinda funny. she's super quite in person....i guess you could say "shy" when it comes to public speaking. but she does sure yack a lot on instant messenger! hahah just kidding trace