AUS National DH#2 - Illinbah Results

Ryan

Radministrator
With heavy rain the night before, the Illinbah national came down to taming the beast that was the tree section; a crazy combination of off camber roots in the worst places imaginable, rocks of doom and more mud than you can throw at your neighbors cat. In the end Kovarik re-stamped his authority on the Gold Coast course with Josh Button a credible 5 seconds behind.

Elite Men
1. CHRIS KOVARIK 3:46.73
2. JOSHUA BUTTON 3:51.57
3. DEON BAKER 4:02.23
4. RICKY BOYER 4:05.37
5. JAMES MALTMAN 4:07.97
6. AARON BASHFORD 4:08.46
7. RYAN ANDREWS 4:09.33
8. SHANE WODE 4:11.53
9. DARCY MURRELL 4:12.62
10. STUART MALDONALD 4:13.22

Under 19 Men
1. TAMRYN MURRELL 4:00.00
2. SHAUN O'CONNOR 4:04.61
3. RHYS WILLEMSE 4:08.58
4. HANS HADLEY 4:18.64
5. BEN BARRETT 4:18.72
6. LAURIE DINHAM 4:19.32
7. WILLIAM GOWER 4:20.82
8. ADEN WYBER 4:21.38
9. MARCUS FAIRBANKS 4:32.79
10. ANTONY MOORE 4:34.81

Elite Women
1.CLAIRE BUCHAR 5:35.63
2. LEIGH DOUGLAS 5:40.12
3. CAROLINE BUCHANAN 5:41.82
4. CLAIRE WHITEMAN 5:53.71
5. SARAH BOOTH 6:21.23
6. CARA SMITH 6:31.33
7. EMMA LEWIS 6:35.07
8. SHANNON CHUGG 6:53.80
9. JAYNE RUTTER 7:29.38
10. SAMANTHA GAMBRILL 7:34.54

Last edited:

stevenw

Pro Rider
ha ha! sorry Ryan.... I thought about putting the results up but I thought I better leave it for the big boys like yourself...:D

GravityGuru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also; rumours abound of a 'Fine Cotton' scandal amongst the big boys. Exclusive details to follow. Or maybe not. Either way; a win for hilarity.
I think you also would have been very happy with the distinct lack of cotton in some sections of the track

Grebbo

Squid
WA boys go.

3 WA boys in the top 10! Awesome. Deon, Bitch and Stewy (who could hardly walk after pole axing himself on sat). And watching Ben Bell absolutly flame the last section after a big off was amazing. I've never seen anyone go that fast on a bike. Mitch Delfs getting overly intimate with a tree ended his chances. The boy was a bit "toey" but to do that to a tree is unnatural. Got his shirt off for the girls instead.

Congrats to the Hadley boys. The old man Shayne for 1st after dragging his bike through the mud (see the video in the forum) and Hans (u19) for finally not killing himself and staying on just enough to show that he has got some serious skill to have a crack (any sponsors out there take note). Also great to see Sanga back out having a go. The big man sounded like a loco motive huffing and puffing his way down the hill, trying to smash everyting in his way.

Highlight for me - being the last down the hill after the Gods unleashed their wrath on Saturday arvo. What a blast.

Thanks to organisers for a great weekend.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also; rumours abound of a 'Fine Cotton' scandal amongst the big boys. Exclusive details to follow. Or maybe not. Either way; a win for hilarity.

Did they forget the white paint for Kovarik's legs??

ferg

Likes Dirt
bummer about little wills gower crashing in qualifing and race run. Connor Fearon putting down a stupidly fast time for a 1st yr u17 rider. 14 seconds faster than tb is crazy.

ngarutoa

Squid
Congrats to the WA boys, funny to see that none of them have any sponsors, compared to the rest of the field around them! (someone should be taking note) Good job Deon for getting on the podium. And Shane "pirate racing" Hadley for coming first in the geriatrics.

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
u17 results

hey guys were can i find the rest of the results.I was in u17 but had to leave for home stright wawy so didnt get a chance to see the times.

Cheers