National DH Rd#2 Results

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Update: Full downhill results here. XC results here.

Sam Hill has taken out national DH round 2 in Nunnup, Western Australia with girlfriend and new team mate Sabrina Jonnier winning the womens event.

Men
1. Sam Hill 02:17.2
2. Jared Rando +00:06.9
3. Liam Panozzo +00:07.5
4. Christopher Panozzo +00:07.5
5. Adam Smithson +00:09.1
6. Andrew Mills +00:09.2
7. Amiel Cavalier +00:09.3
8. Rick Boyer +00:09.5
9. Miikael Kiununen +00:09.5
10. Ryan Lennox +00:10.7

Women
1. Sabrina Jonnier 2.40.49
2. Emma McNaughton
3. Claire Whiteman

There's also a short report up on www.nationalseries.com.au.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

S.

ex offender
What the hell does that guy do to beat guys like Rando and Panozzo by that kind of margin? That shouldn't even be possible... bloody.

toodles

Wheel size expert
S. said:
What the hell does that guy do to beat guys like Rando and Panozzo by that kind of margin? That shouldn't even be possible... bloody.
Well if you you can win a World Cup by 8 seconds, I suppose a margin that big on what could be considered his home turf seems less of a surprise... Judging by the times though it still seems a shortish course to develop that kind of margin.

Last edited:

fieldy

Likes Dirt
nice pics dude... that track looks so cool, i wish i could have gone.
does anyone know the results for juniors?

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
S. said:
To be honest, Sam Hill is riding on another level. If he wasn't in the Elite Class I would call him a sandbagger...:D

Seriously, Sabrina and Sam are going to dominate...

theride

Cannon Fodder
fieldy said:
nice pics dude... that track looks so cool, i wish i could have gone.
does anyone know the results for juniors?
Cheers mate, apart from that first pic of Sam some of my fav's are the ones on page 2, the track was just pure fun very rough through the rocks and all the lads i spoke with (except Sam) were getting some serious fore arm pump buy the end of the run. This was probably due to the fact that the track saw a heap more action then a state round or club race would, and just ended up being a bit rougher.

Yeti

Pro Rider
cheat liner takes a 3.32...not bad for u17s...wonder how many corners he straightlined to get that result?

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
eskimo said:
cheat liner takes a 3.32...not bad for u17s...wonder how many corners he straightlined to get that result?
That's a little harsh don't you think. What is it with you people, slagging the kids that do well in this sport? Shaun seems to have inherited Maltman's mantle from last year as everyones favourite punching bag. Can't you guys just pay these guys the respect they deserve. To put it simply they are good riders with a bit of attitude, nothing wrong with that in my books. Until someone get's his "alleged" shortcuts on video you should all keep your mouths shut and just accept that he is a fast little fucker.
Was also nice to see young Ben Wilson back on the pace after some nasty injuries earlier this year.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
S. said:
haha yeah, he stupid quick now, and it seems as though he is punching out solid run after solid run, no mistakes, no brakes... i think Hill will be totally unstoppable next year...

Oh and he lives in WA so chances are he got a fair bit of time on the track - maybe...

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It Sam didnt race i would have said how close the top 10 were. Anyways congrats to him and as everyone said he will be unstopable next year hopefully.

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
gaspoman said:
That's a little harsh don't you think. What is it with you people, slagging the kids that do well in this sport? Shaun seems to have inherited Maltman's mantle from last year as everyones favourite punching bag. Can't you guys just pay these guys the respect they deserve. To put it simply they are good riders
If you have seen the way Maltman looks at a track it is totally different to anybody else there. Is that cheating or is that riding smart? The same deals applies with the why ride it when you can jump it rule. Would you guys be up in arms if someone cleared a rock garden because they were better than you and you had to ride it?

I remember seeing one of Maltmans lines at a Brookfield race earlier this year. Instead of riding the two bermed switchbacks he used a nearby log and jumped the whole thing, landing on the straight track again and saving himself a heap of time in the process. If it's inside the bunting, what is the big problem? Besides, straight lines aside, it takes a bloody good rider and a lot of practice to be able to ride that quick.

Just my 2c + Inflation :D

rhymanda

Likes Bikes
Hey Eskimo,

I just want to make you realise that some of the under 17's have got major potential. These kids are doing times as good if not better than some of the elite men. My son races in the under 17's and unfortunatly he didn't make it to Perth because he busted his collarbone. The kid called Shaun is an outstanding talent and you shouldn't be knocking the kid. These kids are our next Nathan Rennie or Sam Hill. I thought my son was quick but that Shaun blew him away in Hobart. My son is now more determined to get better and faster and thats a good thing. Basically it means that the future of Downhill MB is looking bloody good for Australia and the World.

Don't cut these kids down, we should be encouraging them because these kids have talent.

Yeti

Pro Rider
rhymanda said:
Hey Eskimo,

I just want to make you realise that some of the under 17's have got major potential. These kids are doing times as good if not better than some of the elite men. My son races in the under 17's and unfortunatly he didn't make it to Perth because he busted his collarbone. The kid called Shaun is an outstanding talent and you shouldn't be knocking the kid. These kids are our next Nathan Rennie or Sam Hill. I thought my son was quick but that Shaun blew him away in Hobart. My son is now more determined to get better and faster and thats a good thing. Basically it means that the future of Downhill MB is looking bloody good for Australia and the World.

Don't cut these kids down, we should be encouraging them because these kids have talent.

i wasnt cutting him down. well no were near as much as he cuts corners. sure the kids fast and has talent but does he need to cheat to prove it?

intense jonoooo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
eskimo said:
i wasnt cutting him down. well no were near as much as he cuts corners. sure the kids fast and has talent but does he need to cheat to prove it?
i agree with both sides of the "discussion".. it does take talent to find these lines and to actually do the lines... but the thing is some riders are actually riding the track properly (e.g. patton) but then shaun + others come along and take all these sneaky lines... therefore not actually riding the same track as the other riders.... and then shaun beats patton by 2seconds at tassie...if shaun took sneaking lines at tassie i wouldnt be surprised if patton would have trashed shaun if shaun rode the proper track.