nearly finished....fascination fixated (PICS UP)

Doaks

Likes Dirt
Hey Farkers.

I picked up a real piece of trash Seiko 10sp roadie from a mate whos had it lying next to his house for about a year. Amazingly no rust on it at all...the thing had been coated with black spraypaint so the chrome bits were reasonably well protected (I've stripped most of the original paint off as you can see in the pics). I chucked on an old ALPS japan road stem and some old NJS stamped wheels which were scavenged off another found roadie (Perth has tons on chuck out day!). The Shimano brake is only on till I get used to the idea of going fixed.

Before any of you give me a bashing for lack of chain, brake cable and 100 other little bits, they're coming. The wheels are getting rebuilt with new hubs and spokes and the frames being coated in the near future. Just a matter of finding the funds. If anyone can suggest a good colourway for this bike, I'm all ears!

Attachments

Last edited:

Doaks

Likes Dirt
nah its cosmetically pretty ratty. the wheelset is in decent nick for its ages...needs a polish and the frame needs a coat of powder but everythings mech A1 and feels damn solid. And yes Bailey I will FIX it...ha ha ha.

Doaks

Likes Dirt
New pics up. Got the chain on today and the front brake. Feels like a rocket on the street and makes no noises which is nice for change (my stp rattles like a box of bolts):D

Attachments