Need a Doohickey for my MRP

Doogs

Likes Bikes
MRP bones, it's the system with a rotating plate, outer, and a fixed plate, inner. the fixed plate is connected to a boomerang that also holds the rollers. (only different to the standard system, system 2 if i remember [the non-elevated chainstay one] in that it's black and comes with bb and cranks)
The fixed plate is connected to the boomerang at three points. The points are screws on the drive side of the plate going through the plate, and screwing into a 'tube' that is circular and smooth on the outside, with a thread on the inner surface of the tube that obviously goes with the screw. All three points the same. you can adjust how far the inner plate sits from the chain/ring but sliding the shafts along through a loop that has a grubscrew incorporated in it. One of those shafts has come loose and dissapeared.

(so basically the pice of metal you grind the grub screw into to hold the inner plate to the boomerang)

Anyone know where i can get one? It's around 15-20 mm long, and 5-10 mm in diametre.
cheers. :?

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok, i just got an aireal version of the chain guide today, so i know what you are talking about now.
drop into any engineers, taking the plate or one of the other pieces with you, and they should be able to make on for you in a couple of minutes, for not much cash, it will just be a case of machining a short bar the right diameter, and tapping one end of it for you.
not sure where you are, so i can't recommend anywhere for you, but if you are around wooloongabba, there is a guy on the next street outbound on logan rd after deshon st, left hand side. i'm going there tommorrow and will get the name and adress and post it here for you. he's awesome.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok here we go.
howie engineering
maynard st off logan rd wooloongabba.
outbound turn left at the dulu/bridgestone building. he's the next building on the right.
3391 1654.
the main reason i'll push this guy a bit is because he dropped everything to make to make a spacer for me, did a brilliant job, charged bugger all, and was generaly cool.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Take one of your other ones off, go up the local bottle shop and buy a 6 pack of some kind, take 6 pack and other ally shaft to local machine shop. Job will be done very fast, but try to use the back door, secreteries can't pay bills with a 6 pack.

I'm a Toolmaker/CNC machinist and if you walked into my factory with a 6er and a sample part i'd have you out the door in 5 minutes.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Hey Gutty... I am definitely in deep doo-doo then cause I don't drink and we don't have a back door and shit... I'm the one who pays the bills round here!

Damn it... I'm doomed!

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahahahahahaa.......or maybe i just run a drunk workshop...;)

It's a bit different for you as this is your primary source of income, making some little "doohickey" as he calls it is nothing in the big scheme of things at Anchor Plastics. Easier to just take the 6er.

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Gutty said:
Errr.. I've seen some of your work. Jesus... if you do that sort of quality DRUNK then you must be brilliant when you sober up?

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grip said:
Gutty said:
Errr.. I've seen some of your work. Jesus... if you do that sort of quality DRUNK then you must be brilliant when you sober up?

Na, when he's sober he can't even remember where he works! VB is like caffiene to gutty!

Doogs

Likes Bikes
hehehe cheers guys!
thank's Lupine128, i may get out there sometime if uni will slow down for an hour!!! 9pm finish, 8am start :(

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
kalem said:
Grip said:
Gutty said:

Na, when he's sober he can't even remember where he works! VB is like caffiene to gutty!
Who told you ?? :shock: