Need Avanti D8 Rear lower Shock Bushes

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
My D8 has developed free play in the in the bushes ( lower bushes in the rear shock triangle)
And i was wondering if any one has spare bushes for sale or if any one knows where i can purchase a set?
PM me or add to this forum

Thank you
Kind Regards Matthew
:)

Benj

Likes Dirt
They're not bushings, but needle roller bearings.
I bought some from CBC bearings -it ads up though ($): it cost me about $50 for 4 (and there are a total of 6). You need to retain the pivot shafts as the bearings are sold with the race and outer only.

Before you go rushing out to buy a new set of bearings I would investigate your shock bushings, these are the more likely source of play (bearings have to be REALLY farked before they develop play. ie the bike would be making horrible scrunching, squeaking noises if they were that far gone.

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Bushings

Hey mate. lol i no that the d8 is a 6 bearing triangle linkage
I was refering to the bushings i should have used "bushings" instead of "bushes"
Can you help me on where to find the lower bushings for my rear shock.
Thank you kind
Regards Matthew
:)

Benj

Likes Dirt
Any bike shop should be able to get them in for you. -just take your shock in and they'll sort you out. From memory I think the D8 bushing width is 22mm and the bolt is 6mm.
I haven't decided whether it is worth replacing the female bush or just the aluminium male part (which is softer and should sustain the greater wear).