need help with chain guide...

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would like to know if i should get a chain guide with a box or just rollers?
im looking at truvativ rollers(dont know what model thay are), are they any good and are they worth it?

and i am also very interested in the evil e13 guide what do u guys think abouit these things?

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They are pretty cheap, flex alot and work like shit unless they are set up perfectly.

The Truvativ box guide is about $190 and alot better... Maybe have a look at that, or an Ariel, you get bashy and guide for $180 off the net!

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sweet, how about and evil e-13 chain guide?
i know they are dear but what u people think about those?

hey wont fit, well it will but instead of the rollers facing the rear of the bike you will have to have them facing the front, cause of the linkgae, i say check out the e-13

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hmmm i might check out the e-13, they loook sweet and i have heard great reviews on them.

S.

ex offender
Nearly anyone who's used an e13 will tell you that they're the best guide on the market (myself included). They don't drop chains, and the bashy makes them a LOT stronger than anything else.

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ye socket i am thinking of getting one, but im wondering if they would fit a stinky.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Sorry to kind of hi-jack your thread here, but it might help you anyway...
Has anyone used one of the Da Bomb chainguides that look identical to the truvativ one? For $99 they're a steal!
And jays_5000, how do you know that the truvativ one sucks so much?

junior

get out of my grill
i got that truvitve chaine guide it worked great but cant use it on my gt cause of the i-drive so trying to get rid of it.
u wanna buy it :D

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gromet said:
i got that truvitve chaine guide it worked great but cant use it on my gt cause of the i-drive so trying to get rid of it.
u wanna buy it :D
na its ok man, i just found out that the truvativ roller thingo doesnt fit on my stinky
and i heard from socket that the e13 should fit so im going to the e13

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
CHEWY said:
And jays_5000, how do you know that the truvativ one sucks so much?
I was looking to get one put on my old hardrock so I asked and tried out a mates and he didn't have it set up properly. Every time he shifted into top gear the chain would flex the guide and it'd drop off.

He spent some time trying to set it up properly and he finally got it working perfectly, but within a few hours of harsh riding it was fucking up again....

It's not just me that thinks this, just check out places like MTBR.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
stinky04!!!

i fitted the e-13 srs to my 02 stinky and it fit perfectly. MY only issues were with the cranks fitting the bash guard. You will not regret spending the extra cash on the e-13. virtually silent. Does not drop the chain. Very strong.

Good luck.

Dan

®ider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh poor stinky
anyway thanks for the advice.
hmm you guys think its worth it to sacrifice clearance to get an evil e13?