Need some help...

Connor3182

Likes Bikes
Hey Farkiners,

I created this account a while ago but never used it.

I think that i'd like to build a bike and Ill probably have a budjet of around $2500. Ive done some Dirt Jumping before but im not that experienced. I need some help selecting a frame. Here are the possible choices:

Last Rufus, Rafnix or Core

Toy 5 from 24 Bicycles

NS Suburban

Banshee Amp

Blk Mrkt Riot

Blk Mrkt Mob

Am i getting too far ahead of myself though? Should i buy a pre-built bike that is more suited to my skill level? I thought considering i will have the budget, i would get a bike i could grow into (skill-wise). I need some advice :confused:

Any Input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Connor

Last edited:

Dirt n Street

Likes Dirt
buying a pre-built bike would be easier and with a price range of $2500 you could get a pretty sweet setup. but if you want to build a high-spec bike with all the parts that you like then you could build your own. i would go with the NS suburban as i think they are a nice frame. although if you build your own bike you may end up spending more to get the parts that you want instead of the cheaper alternative because i know thats what i would do haha.
good luck

want a stp

Banned
Hey,

Have a look into the Black Market completes, i think they are making a complete riot for 09, they seem like a pretty good bike not sure on the pricing tho. Im sure it would have to be under $2500.

Imo it would be better to get a complete but thats just me.

Cheers

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You can build a pretty cheap custom bike if you keep your eyes open and know what to look out for..

ie: look in the "for sale" here on farkin, ebay etc, there may be some great clearance deals from suppliers and people who are just trying to get rid of extra stuff they havent used..

but..

if your not putting it together yourself.. it will cost $$ for your LBS to do it for you.

Id go with the complete deal. For 2.5k you should be able to get a sweet ride for around 2k then add a few little bits to make it more custom.

Connor3182

Likes Bikes
I have decided ill build one so ill probably go with the Last Cord. Thanks for all the advice.

Last edited:

Connor3182

Likes Bikes
So these are the specs i think ill go with:

Frame: Last Core (intergrated headset)
Forks: RockShox Argyle 318 or Marzocchi 4x Wc
Stem: NS Quark Pro
Bars: NS District
Rear Brake: Avid Juicy 5
Seatpost and seat: Something off strictlybmx.com
Cranks: Odessey Wombolt
Pedals: Eastern
Wheelset: Transition Revolution 32 mm, 32 hole (with DMR ss spacer kit) 2510g

The frame will be black and the parts mostly anodized blue
Thats it so far, ill figure out sprockets and other stuff when i get to it.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Curlz12

Likes Dirt
So these are the specs i think ill go with:

Frame: Last Core (intergrated headset)
Forks: RockShox Argyle 318 or Marzocchi 4x Wc
Stem: NS Quark Pro
Bars: NS District
Rear Brake: Avid Juicy 5
Seatpost and seat: Something off strictlybmx.com
Cranks: Odessey Wombolt
Pedals: Eastern
Wheelset: Transition Revolution 32 mm, 32 hole (with DMR ss spacer kit) 2510g

The frame will be black and the parts mostly anodized blue
Thats it so far, ill figure out sprockets and other stuff when i get to it.

What do you think?
That sounds pretty sweet

BUT
Watch the eastern pedals those things can shred shins pretty good.
Other then that Sick as bro

NEEDCASH!

Likes Dirt
If you end up getting the Last, where are you going to get it from, over the net, from a LBS?

Just intrested because over the net they are about $600, but retail is like $800-$1200ish. *

*Now dont take my word for those figures, just a geuss.* :p

Thanks

Connor3182

Likes Bikes
Yeah I'm not completely sure of the retail, but i think they're around $880ish. I got a quote from a website for $740 with free postage. Which is pretty great and I'm saving money because of the integrated headset!:)