• Middle

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Bottom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
I'm working with Ray from Adelaide on a new logo/website for my media brand, Static Visuals. It would be great if you could vote on which you like best by voting in the poll either top, middle or bottom. Post a comment if you have an idea or further opinion on it.

Thanks

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Hey guys,
I'm working with Ray from Adelaide on a new logo/website for my media brand, Static Visuals. It would be great if you could vote on which you like best by voting in the poll either top, middle or bottom. Post a comment if you have an idea or further opinion on it.

Thanks
All in my opinion man, take it for a grain of salt. :)

I'm a design student about to finish, open to constructive criticism? I'd choose an altered cleaner version of the middle one...( more white space between the Yellow and grey for one, and I like having only the one yellow minor S figure at the front, use the S at the end at the bottom logo and try connecting it to the LS like that? if you changed coloured you could have the First "yellow" shape then your text, then using the L and S connected run a horizontal gradient through them, would still give you that tie off element but the first one would be the primary "hero" or focal point.)

or left the L up a few points, and slide the tail of the S into this gap, could make a nice element? I've got too many of ideas flying around now, love this kind of stuff.

First one is way too complex without tying in/harmonising. And are you set on yellow and that light a grey? I'd try a super dark navy blue, or royal purple..

I'd go 2, 3, 1.

Last edited:

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm a design student about to finish, open to constructive criticism? I'd choose an altered cleaner version of the middle one...( more white space between the Yellow and grey for one, and I like having only the one yellow minor S figure at the front, use the S at the end at the bottoms shape and try connecting it to the L? if you changed coloured you could have the First "yellow" shape then your text, then using the L and S connected run a horizontal gradient through them.) First one is way too busy. And are you set on yellow and grey?

I'd go 2, 3, 1.
Yeah definitely open to criticism. I understand what you're getting at as well mostly, seems like a good idea, especially the horizontal gradient. The one thing I didn't understand is:
'if you changed coloured you could have the First "yellow" shape then your text'

I'm not completely set on grey and yellow but it would take something pretty awesome to change my mind as the website was planning on having a similar colour scheme.

Interesting anyway. Out of the 15 results or so I've got on facebook and just through asking people, only 2 people have gone against the top one and they are people that are somewhat 'trained' on the subject.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yeah definitely open to criticism. I understand what you're getting at as well mostly, seems like a good idea, especially the horizontal gradient. The one thing I didn't understand is:
'if you changed coloured you could have the First "yellow" shape then your text'

I'm not completely set on grey and yellow but it would take something pretty awesome to change my mind as the website was planning on having a similar colour scheme.

Interesting anyway. Out of the 15 results or so I've got on facebook and just through asking people, only 2 people have gone against the top one and they are people that are somewhat 'trained' on the subject.
Yeah my descriptive talents somewhat lack. I'm actually a fan of the yellow- just find that grey too light that it doesn't contrast strongly enough thus your white space is getting lost between them, will you have many other contrasting colours for the light grey and yellow to stand out against?

I look at the first one and my eye goes spastic, doesn't know where to look. The second one has designed focal point, with the ending one: it communicates much more clearly for me.

edit: just showed a few of the design guys, its mix of 2 and 3. Some find that lightning appealing and could be used as secondary stand alone logo when the full text isn't applicable.

2nd is also MUCH easier to apply to more than one visual medium eg (tshirts, signage etc due to its fill and its limited colour,can save you alot of coin come print time if you ever do. First one would be a pain in the backside on that front...

Last edited:

Hugle

Likes Dirt
Yeah my descriptive talents somewhat lack. I'm actually a fan of the yellow- just find that grey too light that it doesn't contrast strongly enough thus your white space is getting lost between them, will you have many other contrasting colours for the light grey and yellow to stand out against?

I look at the first one and my eye goes spastic, doesn't know where to look. The second one has designed focal point, with the ending one: it communicates much more clearly for me.

edit: just showed a few of the design guys, its mix of 2 and 3. Some find that lightning appealing and could be used as secondary stand alone logo when the full text isn't applicable.

2nd is also MUCH easier to apply to more than one visual medium eg (tshirts, signage etc due to its fill and its limited colour,can save you alot of coin come print time if you ever do. First one would be a pain in the backside on that front...
While i think this is great feedback, i find the 'rgb' element of the first logo aswell as the use of the static in the logo much more visually appealing. Whilst the other logo's are both good, I personally think the first logo has more layers of meaning, and thus to me is far more appealing than the other two. For me, the second one lacks a visual appeal and the use of the lightening in the third logo seems a little childish/not overly sophisticated. Anyway, thats my 2c :)

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
While i think this is great feedback, i find the 'rgb' element of the first logo aswell as the use of the static in the logo much more visually appealing. Whilst the other logo's are both good, I personally think the first logo has more layers of meaning, and thus to me is far more appealing than the other two. For me, the second one lacks a visual appeal and the use of the lightening in the third logo seems a little childish/not overly sophisticated. Anyway, thats my 2c :)

Yeah, i quiet like the RGB, just not together with the static, but its all quiet subjective. I think the second could be stronger with work, and I'm more than in agreeance with the lightning comment. :)

First ones white space works too because theres that contrast needed.

Some see as playful, others as you and I see it as abit childish.

Either way the op looks like he will have a nice logo on his hands!

Last edited:

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
I'm a design student about to finish, open to constructive criticism? I'd choose an altered cleaner version of the middle one...( more white space between the Yellow and grey for one, and I like having only the one yellow minor S figure at the front, use the S at the end at the bottom logo and try connecting it to the LS like that? if you changed coloured you could have the First "yellow" shape then your text, then using the L and S connected run a horizontal gradient through them, would still give you that tie off element but the first one would be the primary "hero" or focal point.)
Is this what you're getting at?

'Scuse the pixellation by the way, just throwing idea's around as rough drafts for now.

(BTW I'm the guy doing this webby stuff)

Tomas

my mum says im cool
None of the above. Keep at it.

The S is really tortured and awkward and not in a good way - it really doesn't work with the rest of the logo.

Eyes love contrast, at the moment there really isn't any.

The third logo says TATIC VISUALS.

The kerning/balance of the text/most things compositional about the logo is wrong.

To quote a website smarter than me, "fucking simplify". At the moment, you've got like a trillion different elements you're trying to hammer into it. Stop. What do you want to say? If it's the RGB thing, run with that. If it's stupid slanting A's, run with that. If it's a modified S form, run with that.

Designing the logo, especially if you're doing anything print, is high financial risk, so take the time to get it right.