Nerang... Whats there?

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didnt know where to put this so here it is...

My mates and I are going to Nerang on the weekend.
All of them ride trails and are more XC orientated.
Me on the other hand am a bit more hektic.
So my question being...
Are there any FUN tracks at Nerang

Defintion of FUN:
DH, Free ride, jumps, drops, huge berms, wallrides
all of the above.

If so, could I please get some general directions and advice bout the desired tracks above.

Cheers
Trent

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didnt know where to put this so here it is...

My mates and I are going to Nerang on the weekend.
All of them ride trails and are more XC orientated.
Me on the other hand am a bit more hektic.
So my question being...
Are there any FUN tracks at Nerang

Defintion of FUN:
DH, Free ride, jumps, drops, huge berms, wallrides
all of the above.

If so, could I please get some general directions and advice bout the desired tracks above.

Cheers
Trent
go to nerang mtb center and buy a mud map otherwise go with someone who knows the forest.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ohok.

does anyone have any pictures of any stuff there by any chance?

joshmilin69

Likes Dirt
saturday or sunday because i might be heading up to whimps on sunday if my bike is fixed:) i can show you where it is how are you getting there?

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ummm it will sunday.

Yeh are the uphills killers around the area?

cause what goes up must come down.

Viv92

Eats Squid
Up hills are killer.

Nerang XC will make you think XC is fun. There are lots of rocks and high speed descents. There are some freeride tracks in there with lots of jumps but they are pretty simple to ride compared to the really tech XC stuff.

You'll have fun.

gbar

Likes Bikes
Just found some photos that a mate sent me from some stuff on the hill in Nerang, he can see the tracks from his work looking over the hwy from spencer st in Nerang,

I think the place is called Gravities? Looks pretty big.

Attachments

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks mate

Oh is this place legal if so why havent i known about it earlier?

Is there a train station anywhere near Nerang?

gbar

Likes Bikes
Didn't look too big from the first photos, this is one of the gaps, that dog is a monster, biggest ridgeback I have ever seen, just for some context.

Attachments

gbar

Likes Bikes
Dunno, Anytime I have been to the GoldCoast I have been driven or been driving, public transport is generally pretty shite I think, specially for bikes, Don't know about the legality of the track, but it's not inconspicuous, quite a bit of work been done.

Pitto

Likes Dirt
check out playgrounds for AM style trails. great bit of single track.

or Whimps for DH. Norco Flow can be found near Whimps also.

[self edit]

sent you an image of some trails i ride. it will take a few rides to work out where everything is.

Last edited:

Viv92

Eats Squid
check out playgrounds for AM style trails. great bit of single track.

or Whimps for DH. Norco Flow can be found near Whimps also.

[self edit]

sent you an image of some trails i ride. it will take a few rides to work out where everything is.

Which one is playgrounds? Sounds fun.

The best XC trail I reckon is Baileys (I think it's called that). It starts at the top of 3 hills, but it's not 3 hills singletrack.

Viv92

Eats Squid
Just found some photos that a mate sent me from some stuff on the hill in Nerang, he can see the tracks from his work looking over the hwy from spencer st in Nerang,

I think the place is called Gravities? Looks pretty big.
It's not called Gravities but yeah that place has big gaps, and the wallride in my avatar. :cool:

cressa

Likes Dirt
It's not called Gravities but yeah that place has big gaps, and the wallride in my avatar. :cool:
The photos of the gap and the wallride are on the tracks called (by some) gravities.

For the thread starter, these are not in Nerang State Forest, they are elsewhere in the Nerang area.

Nerang State Forest is where you're XC mates will be heading and are home to the other tracks mentioned in this thread... whimps, baileys, 3 hills single etc etc.

NSF is great fun ... if you know where to go and what loops to do. It's well worth your while hooking up some locals, you will waste a lot less time and energy... especially in the summer heat.

Pitto

Likes Dirt
Which one is playgrounds? Sounds fun.

The best XC trail I reckon is Baileys (I think it's called that). It starts at the top of 3 hills, but it's not 3 hills singletrack.
Baileys runs in two sections, first is from the top of three hills across to the top section of rollercoaster fire road. Push up to the top of rollercoaster fire road, as you push up and near the top, look left, there should be a log laying down and just near it is the entry to the second part of Baileys, its also the best part of baileys with a couple of small log rides and some small jumps thrown in, which is fun when hit at speed. as you cruise down this second part of baileys, it runs parallel with the fire road at a point. theres a 40kms speed sign on this fireroad, keep an eye out as this is where you cross over the fire road, to the entry of Playgrounds/Neverending.

Playgrounds runs Right Hand Side down from the entry off the fire road, crosses a few fire trails and brings you back to the fire road next to the quarry just near the top of 3 hills.

Neverending runs Left Hand Side up from the entry, and has a few ladder bridges and is a bit of a climb and is pretty technical in places. it runs round the back of the peak and brings you out to the main fire road.

My tip is to cross the fire road, head up Neverending, then head back down Neverending and keep riding it as it turns into playgrounds. playgrounds is a great little singletrack.

Last edited: