Nerves

Billy

Likes Bikes
haha, sorry Lindsay, that was sort of a second hand comment too..... hehe (I think it was Roadie Rob) ahahhahah

I didn't mean to imply that you are just a pedaller... shit dude, you have got some of the best skills out....

no_3

Likes Bikes
I gotta say this, all u guys that keep calling lindsay a pedaller are just looking for excuses, ive been watching a few of the races lately, and ive seen some of th eothet guys like matt tape, tim mann, and shane wode ALL pedalling a lot more than him, sur ehe can pedal but not any better than those guys. At Magpie Ck he won coz he was the fastest rider, he was like the only gut to sit down on thaty sandy straight from what ive heard, and from what i saw pinned all the rocky techy bits MUCH harder than evryone else. I reckon its funny how he always get s beaten at Ippy where its pedalling central and wins on the non pedally tracks. I'd just like to know where all this lindsays a pedaller stuff started, of all 4 guys i mentioned in this post lindsays th eonly one who wasnt at one time a full on xc bandit

no_3

Likes Bikes
Just realized i should throw something in for u as well TJumper. Just ride as much as u can, try new stuff like u have been doing, thats awesome, with time skills and confidence will come, just have fun

riles

Squid
aha

NO_3
you ever been to coffs harbour.???
the man sure as hell knows how to pedal a bit better than most people in queensland and new south wales.
it just so happens he also has his fair share of skilz as well.
which makes him damn good.
but don't base everything around one race you saw.

no_3

Likes Bikes
yeah,ive been to coffs, and i ride with lindsay a bit, and ive seen lotsa races, i know hes fit and strong, but no more than anyone else

Damo

Likes Dirt
toodles said:
Good advice folks. Got another question along the same lines - after you have a bad crash, like liquid food only after kind of crash, how do you guys regain the confidence you lost? It seems everytime I start feeling quick, I stack and it takes me weeks/months to get feeling solid again.
I rekon if you think about it in your head .... go over and over and over it again and again nailing that corner or launching that jump pikin the right line down a rocky chute in ya head then count down from 3 and just do it. You've thought about it enough so just copy exactly how you saw it in your mind. Once you've landed it or hit the right line you'll be so pumped nothing will stop you.

I find this method especially usefull doing big jumps. They generally scare the crap out of me.

toodles

Wheel size expert
Damo - the method that works best for me is not thinking about it except picking my line, putting the risk to the back of my mind and then pretending that I've got nothing to worr about and hitting it. After I get through something once, the fear is gone and I'm fine. It's just the first time that scares the bejeepers outta me.

bazza

look at me
i was told by our top rider is even if you fuck up sections if you still pedal as hard as you can for as much as possible you still have a pretty good chance. so theres the advice pedal like fark as much as possible. buy a road bike and get some legs built from that if you want to save your rubber on your dh bike. fucken road riding on dh bikes. bye bye michy tyre. crys.