net going so slow..

Jarrod592

Likes Dirt
my net the last 2 days has been running very slow...... its normally fast and i have optus broadband with a motorola modem and a belkin54g router

i have looked on the belkin page to see if anyone has hacked our internet and noone has???? any clues why its going so slow ?

cheers jarrod

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you checked if you have gone over your monthly usage allowance?
(if you're on one of those plans)
Generally you will need to log into your internet account on the Optus website to find out. (There is a Firefox plugin tho, very handy.)

Also if you haven't already, reboot your modem and router.

Jarrod592

Likes Dirt
yeah done all that, ive used 13% of data allouence and ive restarted all the modem and router and still is going slow

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ring Optus, but i assume they're closed today due to the Queens Birthday?

I've had days that the internet just goes slowly. Generally pulls itself together after a day or two. But, there could be heaps of different things making it slow.

indica

Serial flasher
Did that test other day, my uploads were faster than my downloads...0.05 vs 0.07...
Jesus Rick .. ever need real internet ... 6.7 / .3 here

To the OP, call your ISP?
Unplug the modem from the power and the PSU from the modem.
Wait a bit and try again.

brodie_rider

Likes Dirt
Belkin aye?

I too have been having trouble with my belkin router running really slowly and not opening some webpages. maybe an answer to my dillema will come up in this thread

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Runs a wholt lot slower than that though, usually. I used to have a Belkin router, got rid of it and got an AirPort, runs a fair bit better now.

Likes Dirt
Have you tried unplugging and replugging the router? It sounds stupid but whenever our internet stops or slows that usually does the trick.

JSPhoto

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Hmm... I got a netgear router, it runs at about 27mb/s when its plugged in through network cable. I don't have much more of a suggestion than whats been said. When we were with optus we never really had a problem as such, perhaps your area is just extremely busy at the moment and the internet is 'clogged'?

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

OH YEA! my downloads are higher than my uploads today. :p

So anyone got internet slower than mine? bring it on foxy :p

Last edited:

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Mmm, that's on a good day. Its confusing how they measure it in Mega Bits instead of mega bytes. If you don't know divide by eight to get your download speed.